Communications Manager, Ads Policy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in PR, including experience with policy and/or corporate communications.
- Understanding of policy and regulatory environment, and the impacts on technology companies.
- Excellent presentation and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think, plan and execute on crisis scenarios and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally and creatively to overcome problems.
- Ability to work with colleagues in geographically dispersed teams.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
About the job
As a member of the Global Communications & Public Affairs team, you will work cross-functionally to help communicate with journalists and other thought leaders; devise specific communications materials and campaigns; engage in face-to-face meetings with commentators and other opinion formers; and develop print and web-based material supporting these campaigns. We’re looking for great communicators who can understand complex issues and explain them in person and also via well written, simple blog posts, FAQs, video scripts and more.
As a Communications Manager for Ads Policy, you will work closely with our Public Policy, Product Policy, Legal, and Operations teams to help manage policy communications for Ads. You will focus on Ads Policy and help manage issues that come up around our ads and commerce products. Additionally, you’ll work as a close advisor to our Product, Marketing, and Sales teams, and will partner with media outlets and influencers across the country. In this role, you will be on the front lines of policy issues related to ads and will have the opportunity to shape communications and our response to these business-critical issues.
We help inform and educate users, advertisers, partners, opinion leaders–and our own employees–about the benefits of Google’s products, our distinctive company culture/values and our approach to the big public policy issues of the day. You are quick-witted, entrepreneurial and intellectually curious. To succeed in this role, you are willing to try new things and can manage numerous projects with tight deadlines. Things happen quickly at Google, and to do great work, you need to be an enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across PR, comms, marketing, product and beyond.
- Work closely with Public Policy, Trust and Safety, Legal, and Engineering teams to distill complex concepts into coherent and easy-to-understand communications material.
- Manage press interest and activity about controversial content, policy enforcement, and various ads challenges across Google platforms.
- Coordinate across internal teams and external clients to develop policy and issues communications plans from strategy to execution.
- Be a media spokesperson for Google ads, communicating the platform’s policies, tools, and broader key messages to the press.
- Develop and maintain close, productive relationships with key journalists and influencers in technology, security, and business press, as well as teams across Google.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-30