Communications Manager, Digital Outreach
The American Association of University Women (AAUW), a gender equity advocacy organization, is one of the nation’s leading voices promoting equity and education for women and girls and empowering them to reach their highest potential. What began in 1881 as a group of 17 like-minded women has grown into a powerful grassroots network with more than 170,000 members and supporters, 1,000 local branches, and more than 800 college and university partners across the United States.
Summary Description: The Communications Manager, Digital Outreach will manage AAUW’s email and social media communications and will contribute to media outreach efforts in coordination with the Communications & External Relations team, other staff throughout AAUW and external vendors. Responsibilities include managing AAUW’s digital marketing, social media, email, writing, editing and media outreach.
· Manages AAUW’s email correspondence and newsletters to donors and other external audiences.
· Responsible for creating, scheduling and distributing all email communication.
· Assists with developing/implementing a comprehensive email and social media strategy and creating efficient workflow processes and content calendars.
· Designs email banners and templates, e-newsletter templates, digital lightboxes and social media graphics.
· Helps to create and maintain database lists for targeted emails and CRM tools.
· Writes compelling copy for AAUW’s newsletters, fundraising campaigns and email communications.
· Creates multi-media content and digital data visualization, including infographics, interactives, videos, audio and PDFs.
· Creates, manages and executes social media strategy for campaigns, projects and organizational positioning including the development and design of social media creative assets.
· Contributes to AAUW media outreach efforts, including drafting press releases and pitching stories.
· Measures and reports the performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assesses against goals.
· Maintains and produces reports on digital analytics and uses metrics to adapt and improve content strategy and audience targeting.
· Provides quality control (including proofreading) for all digital communications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience in digital media and communications, marketing automation or related fields.
- Proven success in developing and managing digital communication efforts for an organization or media outlet.
- Experience with content-management systems and some understanding of HTML and CSS coding.
- Excellent writing and editing skills – with focus on ability to develop concise and clear digital content.
- Experience creating web graphics and multimedia content such as slideshows, quizzes and interactive graphics. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva and Info-gram or similar programs a plus.
- Experience working with CRM/AMS and marketing automation systems; experience with EveryAction a plus
- Ability to work individually as well as collaboratively and to give and accept constructive feedback.
- Strong time- and project-management skills, including ability to meet multiple deadlines while maintaining high level of quality.
- Self-starter who can adapt to a quickly evolving organization.
- Experience measuring and reporting digital metrics and using data to drive content strategy.
- Prioritizes intersectionality, diversity and inclusion.
- Clear understanding and commitment to AAUW mission, goals and objectives.
Compensation & Location
The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $70,000 contingent on relevant experience. During COVID, this position can be worked remotely with DC, MD or VA as the tax withholding state of record. However, when AAUW’s office re-opens, the position incumbent will be required to work at AAUW headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Apply: Submit a résumé with cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications by email, indicating the position title (Communications Manager, Digital Outreach) to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2020-12-14