Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communications Manager with Environmental NonProfit
Communications Manager with Environmental NonProfit
The Center for Creative Land Recycling
Candidate must be located in California or on the West Coast
This is a full time position which reports to the Executive Director.
About the Organization
Our mission is simple: drive responsible, equitable, and sustainable development on land that’s already been used. By cleaning up and building on underutilized and potentially contaminated land (sometimes known as “brownfields”), communities preserve open space, remove environmental contaminants, and create the kinds of vibrant neighborhoods where we all want to live. CCLR is a national organization with offices in California and New York. New state and federal funding is driving land reuse across the country, and CCLR is going through an exciting stage of growth. To learn more about CCLR, visit www.cclr.org.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Communications Manager will work to develop and implement the communications strategy and all external communications, website, public relations messages, and collateral to consistently articulate and support CCLR’s mission.
The Communications Manager is an essential role on our small team, and the ideal candidate takes satisfaction in getting results in a fast-paced environment and is able to handle complex competing priorities. The Communications Manager will work closely with everyone on the CCLR team and with vendors and stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer, skilled with graphic design, an independent worker, and seasoned in nonprofit communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Implement and refine the communications plan to advance the organization’s mission, programs, and fundraising through the effective use of communications and marketing.
- Create content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. In consultation with other staff, decide who, where, and when to disseminate content in order to maximize and grow the engagement of CCLR stakeholders and supporters.
- Design and manage the distribution and maintenance of all collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, CCLR’s website, and social media accounts.
- Manage digital marketing channels including social media and email platforms.
- Work with partners to promote our events and priorities via their channels. Share partner’s resources and events.
- Track and measure the level of engagement within our audience.
- Conduct event marketing by creating collateral and promotional support in order to drive participation, including promotional packages to be used by partners.
- Support other CCLR team members in event planning activities including: outlining content and scope, organizing speakers, and drafting/editing session descriptions.
- Manage project timelines and collaborate with partners.
- Other tasks as requested.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Not applicable. May oversee interns, vendors, or contractors.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- B.A. or B.S. in Environmental Science, Sustainability or other related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of best practices and effective strategies related to the marketing and communication activities of a mission-driven organization.
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Graphic design experience and an eye for excellent design and detail.
- Experience managing a WordPress website.
- Proficiency in a wide array of communications and design programs including Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva, Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn.
- Familiarity with tools for reporting and tracking impact including social media analytics, Google Analytics, Salesforce, and Excel.
- Knowledge of land reuse is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet firm deadlines.
Position: The position may be remote, with a preference for someone in proximity to our Berkeley, CA office. Candidates must have regular access to the technology needed to execute the role.
The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer. The employee is occasionally required to stand and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Compensation and Benefits
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This is a full-time, non-exempt staff position. Salary range will be between $50,000 and $70,000 with consideration based on experience and qualifications. Benefits include health care reimbursement, paid vacation and sick leave, and IRA retirement savings account with employer match.
CCLR is an equal opportunity employer that highly values diversity. We seek talented and qualified individuals regardless of age, ancestry, color, creed, ethnicity, gender identity, marital status, military obligations, national origins, physical abilities, race, religion, socio-economic status, sexual orientation and veteran status. To apply please send your cover letter, resume, and list of three references to email@example.com with your name and Communication Manager in the subject line.
Job posted: 2022-04-19