Communications Manager Government Affairs
What You’ll Do
Reporting into the VP, Government Affairs. You will be tasked with directing both external and internal communications around Government Affairs and CDA globally, working across, with and providing content to corporate and regional PR teams. The role also coordinates and collects data to build content and explains and defines CDA across Cisco. If successful, this person will be considered one of the best writers at Cisco.
- Story creation – “build the story” of CDA, adapting it to key markets, industry verticals and audiences, continually keeping it relevant and up-to-date.
- Storytelling – be a spokesperson for Cisco, CDA and Cisco’s public policy interests
- Story scaling – engage with cross-functional counterparts across global marketing, regional marketing, brand, industry analyst, social media, employee communications and executive communications to orchestrate “telling the story” across multiple vehicles in an integrated and coordinated manner; create vehicles to enable others to tell the messages and case studies in a consistent and amplified way; be a driving and ambitious force to cultivate collaboration and effectiveness across functions.
- Story expert – be the central point of contact and the subject matter expert for the collection of internal and externally relevant information about the global CDA program and projects and public policy issues
- Story steward — conduct regular content audits to ensure relevance to customer needs, re-purposing, and refreshing content on an ongoing basis as needed; Oversee content quality, messaging performance and optimization
Who You’ll Work With
The Cisco Government Affairs team works globally to advance the public policy interests of Cisco and the technology industry by establishing relationships with key government leaders and educating governments on important technology policies.
The Country Digital Acceleration team harnesses the power of Cisco to scale and speed the technological transformation of societies worldwide. Currently, with activities spread across 22 countries and two U.S. states, the program is a catalyst to achieve advances in economic development, entrepreneurship and innovation, research and education, and national infrastructure.
Together, the Government Affairs and CDA teams help to fulfill Cisco’s corporate vision of changing the way we work, live, play and learn.
- You will also be working with the Global Government Affairs team in their efforts to support Country Digital Acceleration.
Who You Are
You have experience in working in government and communications, engaging with senior executives, and have a great sense of collaborative and results-driven mindset. You take initiative, can handle a busy schedule with ease, and thrive in a busy environment.
- 7+ years’ experience in government and communications environments
- Strong leadership and influencing skills across virtual and global teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Broad technology awareness
- An established track record of developing impactful content from conception through to execution
- Strategic and tactical expertise in social media
- Highly creative with a proven ability to develop and run engaging and creative campaigns through different channels
- Excellent organization and project management skills (editorial calendars, deadlines, vendor/agency management, budgets)
- Ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy
- Comfortable collaborating with global/regional/local colleagues as part of a physical or virtual team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with government leaders and in the technology industry is a plus.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere – From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone – We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-06-19