This role will collaborate with senior executives, subject matter experts and program leaders to fully represent the Corporate Communications department to lead both internal communications on key enterprise efforts core to our Technology, Operations, Finance, Actuary, Enterprise Risk Management and Law businesses. The Communications Manager will provide strategic and technical communication expertise to ensure quality communications for a variety of vehicles, and build employee trust and understanding of CNA’s strategies and business objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Drives strategic communication plans through the optimal use of CNA’s primary methods of communication (i.e. intranet, internet, e-mail campaigns, large group meetings, video, etc.).
- Counsels and partners with strategy leads or business subject matter experts in the development of communication materials to convey strategic initiatives, drive specific organizational programs, and prioritize communications needs.
- Develop and edit written communications, including internal news articles, social media, blogs, presentations, talking points, video scripts, etc.
- Leads, directs and takes responsibility for the development of peers in communications best practices and knowledge.
- Nimble to self-assign or work within team to find right resources.
- Ensure editorial and CNA branding standards are met, maintaining clear and consistent voice and tone across all communications channels.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
AVP or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Advanced communications planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple day-to-day projects.
- Ability to effectively navigate and influence matrixed reporting environments.
- Strong technology, operationsand other insurance support area acumen.
- Advanced writing and editing skills with the ability to translate technical and complicated information into clear, concise prose appropriate for various targeted audiences.
- Proven communications experience with an emphasis on integrating communications into business project plans to help ensure smooth transitions to ongoing business operations.
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of business partners, including contractors.
- Experience navigating and influencing within large, complex organizations.
- Strong understanding of search engine optimization, analytics and the incorporation of keywords and metadata in the development of content for a variety of digital platforms.
- Tech savvy with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, working knowledge of digital publishing, design and other business-related software.
- Strong knowledge of the creative process and work with external agencies/contractors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism or related field.
- Typically a minimum of seven years of experience in creation of communications strategy, and creation and dissemination of business communications and marketing materials.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-03