Communications Manager- NASA and Commercial Space Programs
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is looking for a Communications Manager- NASA and Commercial Space Programs based out of Houston, Texas. Other work locations include Huntsville, Alabama and New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Manage International Space Station/Low Earth Orbit and Space Launch System/Artemis communications specialists in support of their development and execution of strategic communications plans. Guide to resources and help remove obstacles
- Develop deep knowledge of Boeing’s NASA and commercial space business, addressed and potential markets, and competitive strengths and weaknesses to position Boeing in current/future campaigns
- Help director translate Boeing’s NASA and commercial space strategy into overarching, multi-channel, multi-function communications strategies to enable achievement of complex strategic business priorities
- Help recruit, develop and lead a team of professional communicators capable of achieving the company’s growth and execution business objectives
- Serve as mentor/coach for direct reports in support of their career development. Provide feedback, help them build their skills/acumen, and share opportunities of interest
- Serve as member of Boeing Defense Space & Security (BDS) Space and Launch Communications leadership team, in support of strategic communications for division, and development and implementation of team training/behaviors sessions and productivity tools
- Execute portions of the internal and external communications plans as backup/support for communications specialists; serve as additional resource/counsel for leadership
- Manage Communications Operations for Starliner missions
- Ensure sub-teams have resources and tools; maintain product timeline and crisis communications checklist
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- 8+ years of experience developing communications strategies including executive speeches, employee communications, news releases, videos and web content
- Experience creating and implementing strategic communications plans
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Master’s degree
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-13