Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communications Manager, NatureVest
Arlington, Virginia, USA
Washington, DC area or New York, NY area preferred; other TNC offices or remote will be considered.
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Since 1951, The Nature Conservancy has been doing work you can believe in protecting the lands and waters that all life depends on. As a science-based organization, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that we can create a world in which people and nature thrive.
We’re rooted in our Mission and guided by our Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. We know we’ll only achieve our Mission by hiring and engaging a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we work. Whether it’s career development, work/life balance, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Our goal is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that all of our colleagues around the globe feel a sense of belonging, and that their unique contributions to our mission are valued.
In addition to the minimum requirements in our postings, we recognize that people come with talent and experiences outside of a job. Passion, innovation, and diversity are all key components to advancing our Mission and we encourage you to apply.
All TNC staff based in the U.S. or a U.S. Territory are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of receiving one of the vaccines approved in the U.S. (Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson) shall be condition of employment and must be provided prior to starting work. TNC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and reasonable accommodations for candidates who cannot be vaccinated due to a valid medical or religious reason, or claim an exemption under applicable state law will be considered.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
NatureVest is the in-house impact investing team at The Nature Conservancy, established in 2014 with an ambitious mission to build private investments that deliver conservation at scale and change how investors value natural capital. Working together with conservation colleagues across the globe, NatureVest has helped The Nature Conservancy and its partners originate, structure, fund, and close a portfolio of 15 investment vehicles to date, representing some $2.3 billion of committed capital. But dollars are not the ultimate measure – collectively these vehicles include the protection and/or improved management of 1.5 million acres of land and 150,000 square miles of ocean, among other tangible and lasting conservation outcomes.
NatureVest’s Communications Manager manages and implements focused communications and/or marketing tactics that facilitate comprehension, adoption and advancement of our impact investment objectives and their contributions to The Nature Conservancy’s 2030 conservation goals.
Working closely with colleagues across NatureVest, the Manager develops and manages marketing and communications materials that support the team’s partner engagement, deal origination/development and fundraising efforts. The Manager also helps develop and execute project plans for external communications, such as announcements and industry event participation, that (i) increase awareness of TNC’s value proposition in impact investing, (ii) generate influencer support and (iii) contribute to the advancement of key relationships. Target audiences in these efforts include investment managers, impact investors and other stakeholders across a variety of sectors.
Synthesizing complex information and balancing technical detail with compelling narrative, the Manager writes, designs and edits materials such as slide presentations, deal summaries and web content in collaboration with deal origination and fundraising team members. The Manager coordinates review/approval processes and problem-solves for strategic or legal considerations to effectively support business development activities. The Manager may research, write and distribute a variety of public communications such as news releases, bylines and spokesperson scripts as directed in program marketing plans. The Manager develops relationships with internal partners to help facilitate collaborative communications opportunities with TNC’s globally dispersed marketing division and may coordinate communications activities with NatureVest’s external partners as necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Develop, manage and execute on communications strategies and projects in support of business development, investment fundraising, and brand awareness goals.
- Develop, maintain and improve the NatureVest team’s suite of marketing and communications materials.
- Document and manage review/approval/compliance processes related to materials and their use by team members.
- Identify and execute on key visibility opportunities in support of NatureVest’s overall communications plan.
- Serve as Project Coordinator for select high-priority projects involving cross-functional, multi-geography teams and colleagues.
- Represent NatureVest on project-based marketing and communications teams for select initiatives.
- Responsibility and accountability for meeting assigned project goals and objectives.
- Resolve issues independently within program area.
- Opportunity to act independently within program goals.
- May work with internal partners and external vendors to execute projects and deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 5 years’ related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships.
- Experience organizing and coordinating multiple projects.
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.
- Excellent writing skills with ability to distill complex topics and organize technical detail in a compelling manner that can be understood by multiple audiences.
- Strong presentation, visualization and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Experience leading or managing projects.
- Experience implementing, measuring and reporting on communication and engagement plans/strategies.
- Experience with business development and/or investment marketing materials and communications programs.
- Work experience in finance (or equivalent education), preferably related to impact investing or ESG products/initiatives.
- Knowledge and application of best practices and evolving technologies in marketing and communications.
- Experience working in a globally dispersed organization.
- Commitment to the mission and values of The Nature Conservancy, although no prior experience in environmental conservation is required.
- The Nature Conservancy is committed to diversity and encourages candidates with diverse and nontraditional backgrounds to apply.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military Skills Translator to match your military experience with our current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request for Accommodation in the subject line.
Job posted: 2021-12-19