Communications Manager, PR
Butterfly Network’s mission is to democratize healthcare by enabling universal access to superior medical imaging. We reinvented ultrasound technology by creating the world’s first handheld, single-probe whole-body ultrasound system: the Butterfly iQ. This innovative technology reduces the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Butterfly harnesses the advantages of AI and cloud computing to deliver advanced imaging that is easy-to-use and built for the digital era.The Butterfly iQ and next-generation Butterfly iQ+ have received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and are being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
We are looking for an energetic and experienced Communications Manager with a proven track record of building a PR strategy and executing across a broad media landscape – business, finance, healthcare, and technology segments.
As part of the corporate communications team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Develop the PR strategy in a creative and pragmatic way, working closely with marketing and commercial facing teams. Responsible for driving all press related activities.
- Write initial drafts of press releases, conducting research for newsworthy stories internally with the marketing, product management, clinical and other internal stakeholders including legal and finance teams.
- Work with external stakeholders on news stories, as appropriate. This includes partnerships, acquisitions and joint press release announcements and trend stories with customers or external organizations.
- Manage and own a high-performing relationship with a PR agency to drive key company messages and to build awareness amongst priority audiences.
- Develop and nurture public relations with key press outlets, including trade, broadcast and business media.
- Strengthen the brand image by identifying newsworthy stories and working with a PR agency to proactively pitch these to appropriate media, generating well targeted press coverage to external audiences, including general public, customers, investors, government and clinical.
- Work hand-in-hand with marketing colleagues to develop a powerful earned wrap-around strategy for key paid initiatives including speaking and awards calendars to coincide with industry and regional events; own responsibility for bolstering other sponsorship relationships.
- Support all communications needs associated with BFLY being a public company, including updating corporate communication process documents, developing key preparedness documents, and supporting the quarterly earnings cycle.
- Create initial internal prep documents for interviews with company spokespeople, including time for spokesperson prep for all external press related events and activities.
- Liaise with the internal comms (HR), marketing, government affairs, clinical/regulatory affairs and investor relations team to ensure coordination across the business.
- Perform a broad variety of tasks in support of the role and responsibilities
- 5-8 years experience in a PR and/or communications role; experience in journalism or work as a reporter a bonus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Thrives in a fast-paced high-growth environment, working on multiple projects with dynamic priorities and deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational & multi-tasking skills
- Proven track record of executing the full PR mix
- Proven ability to build favorable relationships with press
- Strong press relationships in US market (International markets is a plus)
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Experience working in a start-up or start-up environment
- Healthcare/digital healthcare (hardware or software) experience
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy – you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious – you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed – you are passionate about the company’s purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented – you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage – as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Pre-tax commuter benefits – we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan – we facilitate your retirement goals
- The ability to work remotely, or be based in our beautiful brand new office in Burlington, MA
- Flexible Paid Time Off – recharge and come back ready to make an impact
- Competitive salaried compensation – we value our employees and show it
- Equity – we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
“Butterfly Network requires, as a condition of employment, proof of vaccination for COVID-19 subject to accommodation for sincerely held religious beliefs and/or disability.”
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-03