Communications Manager – Stakeholder Engagement & Communications – CAQ
Summary of Role
The Communications Manager will work with a talented group of mission-driven people to communicate the value of audits to the capital markets and beyond. The Communications Manager will also have the opportunity to help make the case for auditors to expand their role beyond the audit or traditional financial information to ESG (environment, social, and governance) reports, cybersecurity information, and more. This position is tailor-made for a creative thinker who enjoys breaking-down complex topics into clear and concise communication materials that drive audiences to action.
The Communications Manager is responsible for helping to design, implement, and strengthen communication campaigns that positively promotes the CAQ’s public profile and agenda. The Communications Manager will manage written content in a variety of formats and play a key role in the CAQ’s content creation, media relations, communications research, and media sponsorships. Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Communications Manager has a visible, hands-on, and tactical role that strengthens the CAQ’s and the auditing profession’s presence across a range of audiences.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Developing Content (50%)
- Proactively research and produce a variety of communications materials, including press releases, op-eds, newsletter content, speeches, blog posts, and talking points.
- Collaborate with internal CAQ partners at all levels to coordinate and drive the creation, publication, and distribution of timely and error-free resources and reports.
- Produce webisodes through Zoom to reach our audience with engaging content in the remote environment due to COVID-19.
Media relations (30%)
- Identify proactive opportunities to highlight CAQ thought leadership in mainstream and accounting trade media outlets.
- Proactively identify new reporter contacts and pitch them story ideas.
- Develop talking points and other materials to help CAQ leadership prepare for and successfully execute media interviews.
- Manage media inquiries, including responding to inaccuracies, inconsistencies, or negative coverage.
- Monitor media coverage daily with a focus on key issues affecting the auditing profession.
- Track media coverage and develop reports to measure impact.
- Manage communication research to deliver insights that inform campaign planning and execution, including secondary research, message testing, and online focus groups.
Media Sponsorships (10%)
- Design and execute paid media partnerships with mainstream media and trade media publications.
- Manage paid content partnerships to promote the CAQ’s thought leadership.
- Coordinate paid media events, prepare CAQ speakers to participate in events, and manage partnership with media outlets.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Excellent writing and editing skills across content types, with an unfailing dedication to quality and accuracy. This skill is a must.
- Ability to work collaboratively across diverse CAQ staff, sharing team information to maximize CAQ’s ability to further its mission. Teamwork makes the dream work.
- Strong, positive interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to CAQ staff, members’ staff, and other key constituencies.
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Good humor.
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Affairs, Media Relations or Journalism.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Experience working closely with the media to promote, explain, and defend an organization’s point of view.
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Experience at a communications or marketing firm a plus but not required.
Interested candidates MUST submit a cover letter, resume, and a writing sample. Please use this opportunity to display your excellent writing skills.
The CAQ promotes diversity and inclusion at our organization, and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. You can learn more about the CAQ – our mission, vision and values – here.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-18