Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communications Manager (Sustainability & Philanthropy)
About the Role
The Sustainability & Philanthropic Communications Manager plays a key role in providing communications counsel, reputation advocacy and issues-management on behalf of Enterprise Holdings. This position works with senior executives, operations and other key internal and external stakeholders to develop impactful, integrated communications strategies to create awareness of the company’s sustainability and philanthropic efforts.
Enterprise offers an excellent package with market-competitive pay, comprehensive healthcare packages, 401k matching & profit sharing, schedule flexibility, paid time off, and organizational growth potential.
Enterprise Holdings Inc. and its affiliate Enterprise Fleet Management together offer a total transportation solution. Combined, these businesses – which include extensive car rental and carsharing services, truck rental, corporate fleet management and retail car sales – accounted for nearly $23.9 billion in revenue and operated more than 1.85 million vehicles in fiscal year 2021.
Enterprise Holdings – through its integrated global network of independent regional subsidiaries and franchises – operates the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands at nearly 10,000 fully staffed neighborhood and airport locations in more than 90 countries and territories throughout the world.
This position is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO.
- Own the development of best-in-class integrated communication strategies, plans and tactics to effectively support the company’s Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) and philanthropic efforts.
- Provide communications counsel and support to key business partners, working collaboratively to ensure communications strategies are fully aligned to meet critical business and foundation priorities.
- In coordination with other key internal teams, role will lead the development of sustainability communications efforts, including messaging and content development, proactive media relations, executive speaking/thought leadership, stakeholder engagement support, annual report, etc.
- Serve as a company spokesperson, interacting with the media and responding on a timely basis to ESG and philanthropic inquiries.
- Work as a subject-matter expert on select ESG topics that pertain to the transportation industry while maintaining current knowledge of matters impacting Enterprise Holdings, as well as the car rental, travel and automotive industries.
- Support the development of communications plans for activations with external strategic partnerships – elevate the profile of EHI’s sustainability and philanthropic efforts with these partners.
- Elevate EHI’s role as an engaged corporate citizen by driving the communications efforts of new and ongoing initiatives, including Enterprise Holdings ROAD Forward (DE&I Initiative), Enterprise “Fill Your Tank” (Hunger Program), and others.
- Write clear, concise copy as well as providing creative direction for presentations, case studies, articles, white papers, videos and collateral material.
- Manage and coordinate with public-relations agency as an extension of the corporate communications team for a wide variety of projects and programs.
- Remain current with communications trends, tools and best practices.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English or other related field
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must have at least 10+ years of corporate communications, public relations and/or agency experience
- Enthusiastic and team-oriented, collaborative leader
- Experience in Sustainability/ESG Communications and any external certificates and verification experience, like Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), highly preferred
- Building Relationships
- Decision Making
- Persuading and Influencing
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-27