Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communications Manager & Technical Writer
The Communications Manager & Technical Writer is responsible for creating technical communications documents, explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with API staff across multiple areas of expertise to ensure accuracy of GIS program descriptions and value offerings to members and customers.
The Communications Manager & Technical Writer will assist with messaging and external positioning of strategic communications efforts of API’s Global Industry Services group, and be responsible for drafting communications content for promotion of core GIS program offerings, segmented by business audience and geographic region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Works with the Director, GIS Marketing and Communications to develop and execute a compelling, comprehensive narrative for each GIS program area, that is complimentary of API’s overall branding and communications strategy, and that positions GIS programs in support of API’s mission.
- Copywriting and drafting of technical communications, articles, promotional content, blogs, talking points and news releases that support strategic, overall GIS marketing and communications efforts.
- Distills technical and complicated topics into comprehensive content for a variety of target audiences.
- Works with GIS standards, programs, services and training teams to draft content for API’s collateral, websites and social media channels.
- Collaborates with marketing team to analyze data from analytics reports for weekly and monthly reporting to measure effectiveness of messages and content, to help grow sales, in the U.S. and globally.
- Provides recommendations to engage target audiences and key customers, both in the U.S. and globally.
- Pitches stories and articles to trade press to communicate promotion of GIS initiatives.
- College degree required preferably in public relations, journalism, or communications.
- 5 years of experience in messaging of technical content, creative development, and copywriting.
- Private-sector experience with business and customer-facing marketing efforts preferred.
- Experience with natural gas & oil or energy sector a plus.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve and collaborate with team members.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills.
- Possess an understanding of the theory and application of creative communications concepts and effective marketing practices in business-to-consumer and business-to-business arenas.
This job outline describes the typical accountabilities and requirements of the position and should not be construed as an all encompassing description of every duty performed by or expected of the incumbent.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-08