Communications Manager- Trust and Safety
We are looking for a communications professional with a passion for trust and safety-focused storytelling. The candidate will be a member of a seasoned group of professionals helping to shape and highlight’s Tinder’s investment in keeping its global community safe and informed throughout their dating journey—from their first Swipe Right™ to IRL meetups. They will report to the Director of Global Communications in the Los Angeles HQ office. The role requires strong cross-functional interactions with teams based in Europe and Asia, with a focus on US media relations.
In this role you will:
- Execute proactive media relations strategies, highlighting Tinder’s trust and safety stories – from corporate philosophy to concrete steps taken through product and policy decisions – working closely with our global communications teams and external safety partners.
- Manage collaboration with stakeholders across both Tinder and Match Group – including product, member experience, legal and safety/social advocacy teams – ensuring consistent and accurate brand positioning.
- Play an active role in shaping Tinder’s messaging.
- Produce relevant materials, including press releases, communications plans, messaging documents and more.
- Train and advise spokespeople for media interviews, external presentations, etc.
- Serve as an on-the-record spokesperson
Most of this applies to you:
- You have at least 5-8 years of experience in a communications-related role in tech, policy, consumer or NGO sectors (agency experience is a plus – we care more about your experience vs. the number of years under your belt).
- You are passionate about the Tinder brand and deliberately empathetic in your approach to communications.
- Proven ability to maintain composure while navigating complex issues with multiple inputs in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, project management, and critical thinking skills.
- You have a strong roster of relationships with media and a curiosity to build relationships with new contacts and can do it with great ease.
- You know when a journalist has switched roles or started their own newsletter—and keep industry podcasts on rotation.
- You can balance a level of natural curiosity with a healthy sense of skepticism.
- You can simplify complex ideas for wider distribution while identifying when there is a business need to peel back the onion and search for deeper understanding.
- You move with influence but you’re also willing to get into the weeds, meaning you flourish in a ‘hands-on’ role, adding value at different levels.
- You have a strong bias-to-action, are adept and agile on changing course and used to getting things done on short timeframes.
- You’re a strategic thinker, nimble and creative problem solver, an inspiring leader, a team player, and an excellent communicator.
- You are confident and creative in writing, capable of crafting everything from executive messaging to consumer-facing newsletters, press releases and everything in between.
- You share the point of view that one great person on the team is more valuable than 3 to 5 people—and want to be that great person.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
· The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
· Tremendous opportunity to seek some of the industry’s most exciting problems
· Working with an outstanding team of creative, fun and highly motivated people
· Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, and 401(k) match
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Job posted: 2020-11-21