Communications and Marketing Director
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine (CMBM), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Washington, DC, is the world’s leader in bringing healing to psychologically traumatized communities during and after wars, climate-related disasters, and school shootings, and those that have been devastated by the opioid epidemic, poverty, and historical trauma. Using an innovative, evidence-based model grounded in values of self-care, self-awareness, and mutual support, we’ve built communities of hope and healing in the U.S. and in devastated areas around the world. Our work – as well as the need for it – is expanding exponentially.
We’re now actively recruiting a full-time Communications and Marketing Director to play a vital role in CMBM’s continued expansion, with wide-ranging responsibilities.
CMBM is an organization that is rich with content, purpose, and cultural relevance. Our ideal Communications and Marketing Director candidate has experience in advocacy and consumer-facing outreach and the capacity to develop, refine, and implement consistent, intentional, and astute communication tactics across all viable forums. We are looking for someone who is diplomatic and enjoys pursuing multiple projects; who has the sensitivity to appreciate, honor, and share simple and often sensitive storytelling; and who is dedicated to mobilizing communications strategies as an opportunity for coalition-building across diverse populations.
The Communications and Marketing Director will need to have a consistent history of expertise in working with a wide range of communities and audiences, including journalists; program attendees; funders, etc. Correspondingly, the professional qualities we’re looking for are a respect for differences, flexibility, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
The efforts of the Communications and Marketing Director will be guided by topline messaging from the organization’s Founder and Executive Director and the Managing Director. The individual who assumes this position will report directly to the Managing Director, and will work closely with others in primarily externally-facing positions on the team, including the directors of development, digital communications, and public affairs, and program managers who will liaise as needed.
- Implement the topline directional strategy set by the organization’s leadership.
- Conduct an audit of CMBM’s foundational communications pieces to leverage and then implement clear and timely campaigns.
- Craft an editorial calendar to include all activities, outreach, events, and initiatives.
- Establish and maintain a consistent look and feel through imagery and language across our platforms and content
- Generate a coherent strategy for CMBM’s social media accounts with support from communications and research associate(s).
- Oversee the CMBM website and updates in collaboration with the digital communications director.
- Provide, devise, and implement marketing plans and tactics for CMBM’s professional programs to increase program attendance and participant engagement. Liaise with program managers as needed.
- Oversee the development of online advertising campaigns for CMBM’s programs, webinar series, and Transforming Trauma: The Path to Hope and Healing
- Evaluate and negotiate partnerships with high-level experts, relevant influencers, and organizations
- Produce a wide range of communication material (digital and hard copy collateral) including website content, newsletter content, and annual reports.
- Work closely with the CMBM development team to create donor stewardship materials.
- Create strategic framework and editorial for virtual gatherings and webinars as part of CMBM programming, in conjunction with the digital communications director and communications and research associate
- Supervise communications and research associate and assign to projects as mandated
- Manage partnership with public relations firm, external communications consultants, as well as associated budgets, agreements, and deliverables
- Manage budgets and agreements for website, webinars, design, and special events.
- Engage in building teams, managing teams, and collaborating with all departments within the organization.
- Collaborate on internal projects and fulfill other duties necessary and as needed for the success of the organization.
- Minimum of 3-4 years direct experience in the use of communication and marketing strategies to build voice and drive audience growth.
- Demonstrated ability in the full range of strategic digital communication tactics: social marketing, media and public relations, issue framing, and message development.
- Capacity to lead and oversee branding, marketing, advertising, communications, content and public relations efforts consistent with CMBM’s organizational objectives.
- Previous experience supervising industry partners, digital coordinators, and other staff to design a strategic marketing plan and establish/augment brand awareness, audience perception and consideration.
- Persuasive, inspirational, and accessible verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience working with key influencers, organizations and media outlets at the local, state, and/or national and international levels.
- Strong management experience required, with a high degree of comfort in leading team members through the complete campaign process from inception to execution.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine is an equal opportunity employer. For more information visit www.cmbm.org.
Join This Job
Instructions:Please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your interest in the Communications and Marketing Manager position in the subject line:
- Cover letter and resume. Please include your salary requirements in the cover letter.
- Two or three one-page writing samples/communications briefs/portfolio pieces.
- One case study. Please share a project you are especially proud of.
- Three references
ENTER JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
Job posted: 2021-03-12