Communications & Marketing Manager
SEI is seeking a Communications & Marketing Manager to support SEI and our sustainability-focused K through Workforce programs. This is a full-time position based out of our main office in San Rafael, CA. Typical working hours are Monday-Friday, 3 days in-office/2 days remote, include occasional travel and field support, and require flexibility for occasional evening and weekend work. The Communications & Marketing Manager reports to and supports the activities of SEI’s Executive Director and other program directors in addition to leading communications and marketing strategy for the organization as a whole.
In this position, you will play an integral role across our organization, working closely with its leadership and program teams, shining a light on our critical work building leaders to drive sustainability solutions. You will lead a small team with allocation to support communications initiatives and, together, work to advance our communications, branding and messaging to the next level. By applying your creativity, compassion, and climate knowledge to communications at SEI, our leading-edge education and workforce models will be more accessible, fundable, further-reaching, and impactful.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
We seek candidates that share SEI’s commitment to equity and environmental justice, who share a commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ+ community are strongly encouraged to apply. SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree plus 4 or more years of experience in a communications & marketing role.
- Access to reliable transportation for work related commitments.
- Demonstrated mastery in project management & work organization.
- Track record of expanding your role, responsibilities & associated outcomes.
- Genuine commitment to centering equity & diversity in the work.
- Foundational knowledge of: educational, workforce, & climate/environmental concepts & constructs.
- Basic understanding of the nature of & players within local public agencies, nonprofits, businesses & educational institutions.
- Clear ability & passion to lead & oversee marketing & communications for SEI & our programs.
- Brand management experience to ensure brand guidelines are adhered to across all channels.
- Experience designing graphics & collateral.
- Demonstrated experience communicating with & across a diverse set of stakeholders (colleagues, partners, clients & funders, etc) towards stated goals.
- Strong writing ability, including interviewing, editing, & publishing for diverse audiences across websites, newsletters, partnership development, SEI’s blog, reporting, & proposals.
- Ability to manage SEI’s social media presence, strategically planning & executing based on metrics & SEO to improve our marketing impact.
- Capacity to develop, maintain, & update our suite of websites. Lead SEI’s strategic storytelling initiative. Manage content & design of quarterly SEI newsletters & SEI’s Strategic Plan & Annual Impact Report
- Actively collaborate with SEI’s development team on fundraising strategies, including individual giving stewardship materials, fundraising events, & advocacy campaigns.
SEI requires all employees be vaccinated for COVID with exceptions for health & religious reasons. This position requires applicants to perform the following tasks: Read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, communicate orally, reason and analyze, use fine finger movements, use a computer and mouse, sit, stand, walk, drive a motorized vehicle, carry and/or lift up to 40 pounds, reach above shoulder level, bend, squat, crouch, kneel, push/pull, grasp.
SEI is a teams-based, non-profit organization based in San Rafael in the Bay Area, CA, with offices in San Diego, Los Angeles, Sacramento, Seattle, Sitka (Alaska), and the greater New York area, dedicated to building leaders to drive sustainability solutions. For over 24 years, SEI has partnered with schools, communities, and businesses to develop a sustainability leadership pathway from elementary school to early career. Our flagship programs educate and empower students, workers and emerging professionals to create thriving, resilient communities.
How to Apply
Job posted: 2021-11-13