Communications and Marketing Specialist
Aptive Resources is seeking a Communications and Marketing Specialist with a strong background in content development, writing for various audiences and strategic communications for Federal clients.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional writer. They are a self-starter, proactive problem solver and action-oriented team player with previous experience in marketing consulting, preferably for federal health clients. They are committed to providing superior service, poised under fast-paced pressure and have a positive and flexible attitude. They will lead and support innovative communications and marketing programs across a variety of platforms, and they will ensure themes, messages and desired outcomes are consistent across media channels.
They are an integral part of the development and execution of marketing plans to reach a variety of target audiences, bringing expertise in areas from brand awareness to program promotion. The ability to grasp consumer behavior trends as well as generate creative ideas will be key. An outstanding candidate will be passionate about the field and well-versed in specialized marketing concepts, principles and tactics.
This associate- to senior-level, full time position is located in the DC-metro region. (Please note: this position is in a fully telework status until social distancing restrictions due to COVID-19 are lifted.) Multiple positions are available.
- 3 to 8 years of relevant experience in strategic communications, marketing, public relations, and/or content development.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related program, such as mass communications, marketing, advertising, public relations or journalism.
- Consulting experience supporting large, complex Cabinet-level federal agencies, ideally the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Availability to work full time in Washington, D.C. and/or a telework environment.
- Procure answers about consumer habits, requirements and trends through market research.
- Conceptualize and crystallize ideas for creative marketing campaigns.
- Assist in marketing activities, both outbound and inbound, by demonstrating expertise in a variety of areas (content development and optimization, advertising, events planning etc.).
- Communicate and collaborate with stakeholders and clients in the execution of promotional events and campaigns.
- Coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts through collaboration with stakeholders in the Government space.
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through a multiplicity of channels, ensuring channel is appropriate (social media, e-mail, TV etc.).
- Assist in analysis of marketing data (campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies.
- Undertake individual tasks of a marketing plan as assigned.
- Thorough understanding of elements of marketing, including traditional and digital forms (such as SEO and social media) and market research methods.
- Demonstrable experience in marketing data analytics and tools.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft 365, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on complex issues; desire to work in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Detail-oriented, analytical multitasker; capable self-starter with a drive to get all types of work done.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of military and Veteran populations.
Aptive is a modern federal consulting firm focused on human experience, digital services and business transformation. Our employees receive competitive compensation, along with company-paid health care and short-term disability plans. We also offer a 401K plan with company match, paid time off, flexible savings accounts, commuter benefits and company-sponsored professional education opportunities.
Our work inspires people, fuels change and makes an impact. Join our team to be part of positive change in your community and our nation.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Aptive is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, parental status, veteran status, age, disability or any other protected class.
Veterans, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and transitioning active-duty service members are highly encouraged to apply.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-09