Communications Officer, Digital and Marketing
The Communications Officer, Digital and Marketing will develop, implement and analyze email strategies to drive audience engagement and activation including acquisition, retention, personalization, optimization, and some specific fundraising. S/he will work as part of the core communications team, but offer email marketing and audience segmentation skills to other teams across the Foundation, including Integrated Development, Executive Office, campaigns and initiatives, and others as needed. As part of the digital team within communications s/he will also support activities that may involve some coding, lead acquisition, CMS and CRM work, and project management. This position will work with all members of the core communications team, as well as other teams around the Foundation, and will be supervised by the Communications Manager, Digital Marketing and Media.
- Act as main point of contact for email marketing and digital acquisition throughout the Foundation.
- Help create, format, test, send, track and analyze engaging email content and marketing materials for teams across the Foundation as needed and provide appropriate training to Foundation staff to run email programs, and advice on email marketing best practice.
- Work with communications team colleagues to map out a strategic UNF email calendar, and to execute according to that calendar.
- Work closely with Editorial team to steward emails through entire process, including creation, clearance, design, coding, testing and optimization, targeting and reporting.
- Advise on and implement strategies to cultivate audiences and drive further engagement using digital tools like email, and through paid lead generation using Google Ad Grants and other targeted ad platforms.
- Work with other members of communications team on other related core projects as needed, including the UNF website, CRM, analytics monitoring and partner development, management, and fundraising.
- Work with digital team colleagues to create and maintain a digital asset bank.
- Manage email lists and work directly with database managers to properly segment audiences and maintain list quality and email deliverability;
- Collaborate with other teams across the Foundation, to coordinate messaging, share metrics, and develop integrated strategies;
- Liaise with Information Technology team to make recommendations for digital engagement tools and database tools and ensure online activities are concurrently tracked in Salesforce;
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Three-five years managing email programs or projects with a nonprofit organization or an agency with nonprofit clients (experience with email lists with at least 200,000 active subscribers preferred);
- Bachelor’s degree or higher;
- Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts and industry best practices;
- Proficiency with email marketing platforms (e.g., Convio Luminate Online, Every Action, Campaign Monitor, Pardot, or similar tools), CRM (Salesforce), and CMS platforms (WordPress);
- Knowledge and prior use of direct response vehicles and metrics, HTML & CSS, Adobe Photoshop, Litmus or Email On Acid, and Microsoft Office;
- Experience with social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.);
- Proficiency in the use of analytics platforms, including Google Analytics;
- Project management experience a plus, especially with website and CRM transitions;
- Digital advertising, marketing automation experience, a plus;
- Awareness of other organizations covering the Sustainable Development Goals and familiarity with the UN mission, international development and economics, a plus;
- Attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple and shifting priorities;
- Strong skills working in teams and across many types of organizations – team-oriented, problem solver, relationship builder, and strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
Benefits & Compensation
For full-time, benefit eligible employees, UNF offers an excellent range of benefits, including:
A choice of two health plans through CareFirst (PPO or HDHP with HSA),
flexible spending accounts,
403b retirement savings plan with a generous matching contribution,
group term and supplemental life insurance,
health club discounts,
commuter benefits, and
employee assistance program.
Additionally, all benefit eligible employees have 12 paid holidays, 20 vacation days, 10 sick days, 3 personal days, and 8 weeks of parental leave.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-12-26