Communications & Operations Associate
Yelp is looking for a Communications & Operations Associate to join our People Operations team. You’ll be joining a dynamic team of individuals who are responsible for delivering a rewarding and inclusive experience to all Yelp employees. Your role will be to inform, engage and enable Yelp employees worldwide. You are a passionate storyteller and advocate for company culture and will work with leaders and stakeholders across the People Operations team to drive employee awareness and engagement.
As a member of our team, you will drive the development and execution of communications and branding for our People programs, including Total Rewards, Services, L&D and more. Additionally, you will be an organized self-starter who can develop and maintain project plans & schedules and partner in the analysis and documentation of programs, policies and practices. This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the People Ops Program Manager.
This is a full time role based in the United States.
Where You Come In:
- You will partner with business leaders to develop targeted employee communications and engagement plans that drive engagement, shape culture and build a connected employee community.
- You will create key messaging that supports People Ops initiatives and that also reinforces Yelp’s priorities and culture.
- You will create a unified, informative and engaging internal branding and messaging strategy for People Ops via updates to internal Wiki content, newsletters, videos, etc.
- You will oversee key operational tasks such as weekly project status updates and maintenance of the People Ops project calendar, while ensuring that all stakeholders are kept informed.
- You will prioritize and own key compliance and policy initiatives for the People team, including SOP creation, governance and documentation.
- You will ensure that necessary changes are made to our policies and procedures and handbook with respect to our HR systems and employment practices.
What It Takes to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in communications, marketing or brand management.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders across programs.
- Experience and interest in leading large groups of stakeholders involved in supporting areas of work, gaining alignment, and ensuring awareness of key strategic and operational project details.
- Ability to focus on continuous improvement, meeting/exceeding client expectations, and an interest in finding operational efficiencies.
- You have the ability to set priorities, manage multiple responsibilities and deliver against deadlines.
- You have great interpersonal skills, with experience dealing at all levels of an organization.
- You have excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills, with experience designing content for internal audiences.
- Strong understanding of multimedia, visual storytelling and modern communications platforms.
- You have unlimited creativity and a passion for delivering a high quality employee experience!
What You’ll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (increases with tenure) and 11 paid holidays
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness subsidy
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-22