Communications and Outreach Director
Who we are:
Bixal is a mission-driven, woman-owned small business determined to improve people’s lives through human-centered strategies and transformative technologies, with a firm belief that everyone has the right to an effective government.
We deliver on this belief by partnering with leading Federal agencies to design, develop, and deliver powerful customer experiences through holistic digital product solutions and strategic communications initiatives––bringing a high standard and unique creative energy to our clients––and our wonderfully diverse culture is what makes it all possible.
Bixal unites different people with different perspectives from all over the world! We provide our team with an open and empowered environment where collaboration thrives and solutions flourish.
This role will need to be based in the greater DC area; work locations will include Bixal’s Fairfax office the client’s site in DC with the opportunity to work remotely several days per week. The role will be based remotely until the threat of COVID has passed.
What will you do?
Bixal is seeking a Communications and Outreach Director to support strategic communications and outreach efforts for USAID Bureau for Resilience and Food Security. Duties will include supporting the Bureau’s external outreach efforts, developing and implementing a comprehensive outreach and communications strategy, advising on the best practices for audience engagement, analyzing stakeholder’s interviews and market research and planning communications training.
- Establish comprehensive strategic communications strategies and plans for the RFS Bureau activities and the Feed the Future activities.
- Coordinate stakeholder interviews and market research to develop a deep understanding of the key stakeholder groups and to inform communications strategies and brand.
- Coordinate strategies and implementation plans to publicize and promote the mission of the RFS Bureau and Feed the Future across multiple audiences
- Lead branding activities for the RFS Bureau, including the development of communications materials and re-developing key websites.
- Supervise the development of content for communications campaigns, websites, and social media.
- Coordinate communications training to build the capacity of technical leaders from RFS.
- Advice on the most appropriate communication channels and messaging according to the audience.
- Serve as a communication touchpoint for all RFS and Feed the Future communications and outreach activities and facilitate information sharing.
- Provide expert knowledge and input on the development and management of media campaigns
- Coordinate the planning of events and conferences
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the field of Strategic Communications.
- 10+ years of experience in strategic communications field, including public affairs, content development, social media implementation, digital or print media, or tactical communications.
- 5+ years of experience in the international development sector (preferably working on USAID programs)
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience.
- Possess understanding and familiarity of USAID/RFS Bureau policies and programs
- Ability to work both independently and collaborative under tight deadlines to translate ideas and concepts into professional communication products.
- Fluency in English is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated skills in using Microsoft Office software and web-based communication tools
Nice to Have:
- USAID experience working with strategic communications
- Experience working with the Resilience and Food Security Bureau at USAID
Perks & Benefits:
Competitive base salary
Work from home flexibility
401K with matching incentive
Company provided short-term disability
Company provided life insurance
Professional development opportunities
No recruiters or agencies please. Bixal is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a safe, inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-27