Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communications Outreach Manager
The Office of Volunteer Engagement (OVE) is AARP’s resource for tools, tips, training, and consultation around volunteer and service engagement. The office supports AARP’s state volunteers and the staff who work directly with them, as well as serving as a resource for 50+ Americans giving back to their communities. OVE also oversees the AARP.org/Volunteer site, Community Builders, Create the Good, and the Volunteer Portal. In addition, OVE works to ensure communication and collaboration among all of AARP’s volunteer programs.
The Communications Outreach Manager engages in the development and implementation of communications strategies tailored for target audiences over multi-channel platforms. Measures communication campaign effectiveness for return-on-investment. Leads or assists in leading the design of communications campaigns that raise brand awareness and inform, educate, and influence internal and external audiences. Ensures content aligns with the enterprise brand strategy and brand architecture. Designs, produces, and/or reviews communications products for use internally and externally. Collaborates with management to identify opportunities to streamline communication processes and develop new procedures that support the business unit/department.
- Collaborates in the development of communications strategies tailored for target audiences over multi-channel platforms, and leads the execution of those efforts to inform, educate, and influence both internal and external audiences. Develops integrated communications strategies to reach key audiences, oversee implementation, and measure results.
- Develops message frameworks based on message research including tailoring to diverse audiences. Develops and refines messaging to ensure organizational consistency in all aspects of communication. Leverages internal and external communication platforms to relay complicated content using storytelling, illustrations, and other consumable formats.
- Produces or collaborates on producing a variety of individual communications products for internal and external audiences, including designing, writing, editing, and/or publishing communications.
- Develops and executes integrated communications and marketing plans for defined portfolios while providing day-to-day communications and marketing support and superior client service. Identifies and shares opportunities for public and media relations, thought leadership initiatives, social media, and digital tools that support programmatic objectives.
- Acts as day-to-day project manager for internal and external departmental communications efforts. Develops timelines to meet project commitments and to ensure deliverables from across the organization and external partners are on time. Works with management and partners in other departments to measure and report on program results, perform research and deliver findings, and understand and leverage segmentation data.
- Plans, organizes, and implements special assigned projects working with cross functional teams. Determines scope and execution, tracks progress towards milestones, establishes timelines, and evaluates progress. Establishes project communication plans and ensures internal/external stakeholders are informed regarding project processes and impact.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or a related discipline.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible professional experience in communications or related fields; or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others through informing, educating, influencing, and building trust.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects successfully under tight deadlines.
- Ability to establish and track relevant metrics to establish ROI for functional area.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills and success with presenting simple and complex information to diverse audiences effectively.
- Strong knowledge of both social and traditional media platforms.
- Master’s degree in Communications or a related field.
- Regular and reliable job attendance
- Ability to meet 10% travel requirement
- Exhibit respect and understanding of others to maintain professional relationships
- Independent judgement in evaluation options to make sound decisions
- Home office environment with the ability to work effectively surrounded by moderate home environment noise
Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA)
AARP observes Mondays and Fridays as telecommuting workdays, except for essential functions. Remote work and telecommuting can only be done within the United States and its territories.
Compensation and Benefits
AARP offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401(k); 100% company-funded pension plan; health, dental, and vision plans; life insurance; paid time off to include company and individual holidays, vacation, sick, caregiving, and parental leave; performance-based and peer-based recognition; tuition reimbursement; among others.
Salary Range: MIN: $97,200 – MAX: $108,000
Equal Employment Opportunity
AARP is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. AARP does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-21