Communications and Outreach Support Specialist
This Position is Contingent Upon Contract Award
Citizenship: Must be a US Citizen
Clearance Required: None to Start
Personnel will provide support to the Defense Suicide Prevention Office (DSPO) in areas of suicide prevention program support, policy compliance, training oversight, communications, outreach and engagement, as well as administrative support.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, create, and produce suicide prevention outreach and communication materials (brochures, posters, pocket cards, magnets, flyers, banners, digital materials, and other promotional material.) Ensure all content is aligned with clinical practices of care, safe messaging for suicide prevention, and public health practices
- Create a style guide for communication materials and update for content change
- Ensure all communication materials comply with the Buy American Act (BAA) and Trade Agreement Act (TAA) and show certification as such for each order
- Assist the government in creating a comprehensive communication strategy framework with written implementation plans in support of DSPO’s mission and vision
- Implementation plans include, but are not limited to, the identification of stakeholders and target audience, assist in developing content (social media, website, blog, vlog, public service announcement (PSA), press release, response to media query, posture statement, briefing card, written script, and interview preparation), identification and use of targeted platforms, targeted transfer of knowledge and/or behavior changes, and outputs and outcomes
- Coordinate response to media request for information with Public Affairs and Legislative Affairs. Proactively engage media to disseminate DSPO communications
- Assist in the development of and implementation of Public Relations Plan(s) including DSPO’s communications objectives, identifying the target audience and its information requirements, tactics for communicating with the audience, and campaign schedule(s) in coordination with Defense Media Activity
- Assist in the development and dissemination of Public Affairs Guidance(s) incorporating Safe Reporting on Suicide in coordination with OSD Public Affairs and Service Public Affairs Offices
- Assist in the development and implementation of Social Media Plan(s) including identifying goals, objectives, audience, channels and tactics, content and strategy, and editorial calendar(s) and schedule(s). Plan(s) should result in increased audience engagement with social media accounts, following ensuring DoD guidelines and Safe Reporting on Suicide
- Create a weekly social media editorial calendar of future posts, Tweets, and blogs
- Assist in the development and implementation of Media Monitoring and Response Plan(s) including a report to DSPO daily of all media within the current (24 hour) news cycle related to suicide
- Provide daily proactive media surveillance and response includes, but is not limited to service members, veterans, research, and trending news
- Assist in the development and implementation of annual Suicide Prevention Month Campaign including, but not limited to, identifying theme and branding, timeline and milestone(s), output(s) and outcome(s), audience and partner(s), content, and platform(s)
- Assist the Service Public Affairs team by providing the approved campaign plan and outreach materials across the DoD and other federal and non-federal agencies
- Provide support for DSPO webinars
- Aid in the annual Suicide Prevention Month Outreach Recognition to include developing a call for nominations and assistance presentation ceremony
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have working knowledge of prevention (e.g., suicide prevention, interpersonal violence, community health, etc.).
- Must have experience in public affairs
Physical Requirements / Travel
- Normal Environment
- Some Local Travel
Azimuth is an award-winning Woman Owned Small Business specializing in providing research and development and professional services support to the federal government. Azimuth’s agility, customer driven approach and our commitment to our employees allows us to meet and exceed our client goals. Excellence, Integrity, Accountability, Community and Humility are the core values of Azimuth as we continue to strive as a recognized leader in the management consulting community that both federal agencies and industry partners value doing business with. We are an organization that offers both our employees and clients an exceptional experience; our culture will be contagious, while always maintaining a genuine reputation.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Azimuth Corporation does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-18