Communications and PR Manager
The Communications and PR Manager will help to create and promote the corporate brand and news to customers, the public, and employees through the creation and distribution of brochures, news releases, and other documents.
The Communications and PR Manager will work closely with the CMO to manage the overall external marketing communications for the company. As a member of the Segra marketing team, the Communications and PR Manager will work as part of a cross-functional team internally with groups such as product and project management, sales, and externally with, media, event organizers, vendors, and customers. The Communications and PR Manager must possess a balance of very strong marketing, project management, budgeting, communication, and customer service skills. Excellent communication and presentation skills are required.
The Manager will be responsible for the design, launch and life cycle management of assigned and developed company-wide events, promotions and campaigns. These programs should meet revenue, profit, sales and customer satisfaction objectives. The successful candidate will have relevant marketing and media relations experience and will understand the fundamentals of marketing, field sales requirements, the sales process, as well as an ability to acquire a basic knowledge of the telecommunications industry.
- Education: B.A. in Marketing/Business preferred but not required.
- Experience: Relevant marketing experience within the telecom or technology sectors. Established regional relationships within the public and private sectors is a plus. Experience in economic development and business development a plus. Experience with governmental or quasi-government organizations, desired but not necessary.
- Key Competencies: Qualified applicant will be handle event planning details, including vendor negotiation and coordination. Possess effective project/traffic coordination skills. Be able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines. Ability to manage event and market presence budgets. Ability to develop and interpret sales, marketing, and financial reports. Ability to develop and implement (as part of the overall marketing plan) proactive and reactive plans based upon existing and developing market trends and conditions. Good attention to detail. Proficiency in oral and written communication. Team player – works to ensure team goals are met or exceeded. Self-starter. Organize project information to facilitate decision making and knowledge management. Ability to understand and interpret financial reports. Ability to translate expense and resource needs into forecast and budget planning tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and some expertise in marketing automation platforms and desktop publishing software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Job posted: 2020-11-10