Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communications Project Manager
The Institute for Justice, the national law firm for liberty, seeks a Communications Project Manager with at least 4 years of experience successfully managing marketing and promotions for public policy projects.
This position works with IJ’s Communications team to develop and deploy communications strategies on behalf of our litigation, research and activism teams.
- Analyze media markets and identify media influencers.
- Pitch cases, reports, and activism projects to local and national media outlets.
- Write press releases, op-eds and other media documents.
- Edit media documents, including backgrounders and other documents created by IJ staff.
- Work with attorneys, researchers and activism team to draft strategic case objectives and message/position cases, reports, and projects.
- Work with clients and activists to train them to be spokespeople for IJ.
- Compile and distribute daily news clips.
- Promote and market IJ on social media networks and digital media platforms, including Facebook and YouTube. Work with IJ staff to help them become better users of social media.
- Post updates, including case pages and media releases on ij.org. Update other pages on website when necessary.
- Identify and pitch non-traditional influencers IJ content.
- Work with Production team to produce IJ videos, including drafting questions and scripts for videos.
- Travel with Production team to aide in video and photo shoots.
- Help Production team gather assets, including photos and video.
- Manage promotion and messaging for IJ projects and initiatives.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- 4+ years of experience in a related field, such as media relations, journalism, or policy
- Proven track record of simplifying and selling complex issues to the mainstream media and evolving media outlets
- Strong writing and editing skills and be able to lead team efforts while forming and implementing creative, sustained communications plans
- Persistence, sales skills, optimism and a congenial attitude
- Commitment to promoting individual liberty and challenging government abuse
- Hybrid work schedule
- Flexible work hours with our core business hours of 10am and 4pm
- Work from home equipment reimbursement
- Casual dress code
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance (IJ covers 100% of individual premiums)
- Free Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life insurance plans
- HSA employer contributions
- 401(k) with employer matches
- Generous PTO including a paid personal day and 12 paid holidays
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining what you’d bring to the position.
No phone calls, please.
IJ is an equal opportunity employer.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At IJ we value a diverse workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Job posted: 2023-01-30