Communications and Public Affairs Coordinator
Position Summary: The Communication and Public Affairs Coordinator works closely with OCAPA’s President to promote the industry issues and vision. This position plays a key role in developing and managing communications with our members, prospects, customers, affiliated industry partners and media. The position also plays a key role in fund raising for political candidates as well as supporting the President’s lobbying activity on behalf of the industry. The successful candidate has both strong administrative and logistical support skills, is detail-oriented, and can work both independently and cooperatively as part of a small team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Political Action and Legislative Committees:
o Manage and Coordinate Political Action fundraisers.
o Provide support to OCAPA’s PAC and Legislative Committees by scheduling and attending meetings, recording and distributing meeting minutes, maintaining committee policies, documentation, calendars, and assisting with agendas.
o Assist Office Manager in Secretary of State Filings.
o Coordinating legislative candidate interviews.
o Develops publications and flyers for legislative and PAC events.
· Industry News and Membership Communications:
o Coordinate and distribute industry news and information to members.
o Write and/or coordinate distribution of press releases.
o Design, develop and distribute registration forms, programs and other printed materials for Association programs (Annual meeting, Excellence in Concrete Awards, Winter Workshop, regional seminars, and certification classes).
o Maintain and Publish membership directory and buyers guide.
· Social Media and Website:
o Oversee the development, design, function, and maintenance of the OCAPA website, including on-line member directory, online registrations, industry news and resources.
o Manage Social Media accounts and information.
· Public Outreach:
o Organize public outreach programs for industry specific issues.
o Organize and manage discussion forums between state and local agencies and industry.
· Career Development and Job Placement
o Organize and coordinate career development, job placement, and employee development programs for the construction materials industry.
· Scholarship Programs:
o Manage industry scholarship program, including coordinating with the various universities and colleges to promote the scholarship program.
· Proficient skill with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
· Proficient skill of InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat
· Working knowledge of electronic media, including but not limited to website posts, blogs/forums,
e-newsletters and various social media applications
A preference may be made for candidates with experience in these relative areas:
· Event promotion and/or management
· Competency using Adobe Acrobat, Excel, PowerPoint, InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
· Managing a business profile on Facebook, Twitter, or Linked-In
· Editing, writing, interviewing, research, and fact checking
· Photography, photo and video editing
· Graphic design, desktop publishing, newsletter production
· Experience with these SAAS products (or similar): Constant Contact, CRM software/website solution, Smart sheet, Dropbox
· Website and database management Creating original content for social media postings, familiar with MemberClicks is a plus
· A self-starter who can handle projects or events with limited supervision
· Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
· Exercises good judgement and decision-making capabilities
· Evidence of dependability and effective work habits
· Professional attitude, with excellent organizational skills
· Is willing to learn existing procedures but not afraid to suggest improvements
· Ability and willingness to learn new software/computer programs with minimum guidance
Education: High school diploma, Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree
- On-site parking
- Life insurance
- Private medical/dental insurance
Application deadline: 30/9/2020
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $39,381.00 – $48,132.00 per year
- Communications: 1 year (Preferred)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-10