Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communications and Public Relations Coordinator
EcoHealth Alliance seeks a Communications & Public Relations Coordinator who will ensure EcoHealth Alliance’s positive footprint on the global stage by overseeing communications across a wide array of media, and proactively overseeing relations with donors, policymakers and other stakeholders. The Communications & Public Relations Coordinator will work closely with the President, the Executive Team, senior science staff, the Board, and institutional partners, to set and execute strategy including social media management, digital fundraising, website management, blogging, and special events. The position is responsible for ensuring overall branding integrity and marketing materials across the organization, and proactively monitoring policy measures of relevance to EcoHealth Alliance. This position requires strong organizational skills, a keen eye for design, excellent written and oral communication skills, content development and social media expertise, and an ability to prioritize as well as multi-task in an exciting and fast-paced environment. It also requires a deep understanding of how science is portrayed by the media, and experience working with journalists who actively report on emerging diseases, One Health and conservation science and policy.
· Maintain and develop press contacts and place stories with the appropriate outlets
· Own and manage communication channels and social media content strategy and campaigns
· Maintain EcoHealth Alliance’s brand integrity including logo and talking points
· Lead on design, writing, and editing of public-facing communications including website, reports, appeals and other communications, blogs, and other social media
· Manage EcoHealth Alliance’s website from design, through writing content, creating blogs, to tracking and optimizing web traffic
· Provide visual or textual reports to president and management teams describing effectiveness of social media, and other campaigns, events, and outreach
· Optimize processes from content development to posting through WordPress
· Analyze and manage policy outreach in Washington DC; track policy initiatives of relevance to mission
· Work with traveling science teams and partners to collect and manage image, video content
· Draft copy and lead on layout for annual reports, campaigns, board meetings etc.
· Work with organizers, board, and president to organize fundraising activities including annual benefit, bi-annual appeals, donor updates, and other events or board related activities
· Participate in other projects and tasks as required or assigned by supervisor
HOW TO APPLY
Send an email with a single attachment in PDF format containing (a) a cover letter, (b) CV, and (c) three references to email@example.com with “2021 COM PR COORD JOB APPLICATION” in the subject line. If you would like to be considered for more than one job position, please indicate that in your cover letter and list your order of preference. Emails without the subject line or with multiple attachments will not be reviewed. No formal text is required within the body of your email, since emails will not be evaluated. All inquiries will receive an automatic response confirming receipt. Only appropriately qualified candidates will be contacted. Closing date for this position: 6 January 2022.
Thank you for your interest in EcoHealth Alliance!
Job posted: 2021-12-28