Communications and Public Relations Manager
Be part of an organization dedicated to enhancing the practice of law and improving our community through programs that provide equal access to legal services and foster diversity in the profession. The Bar Association of San Francisco (BASF) currently has an exciting opportunity for a Communications and Public Relations Manager to be part of the team!
BASF is a nonprofit organization and the oldest voluntary bar association in California. Today, over 7,500 San Francisco lawyers are members of BASF, which prides itself as being one of the most active and innovative local bar associations. Our offices are located in the Financial District. In addition to educational, networking and business development services for its members, BASF provides a variety of legal services to San Francisco residents including our Lawyer Referral and Information Service. In addition, the communications department supports the efforts of the Justice & Diversity Center (including the Homeless Advocacy Project) which is the largest provider of legal services to San Franciscans.
About the Job
The Communications and Public Relations Manager is an integral part of BASF and JDC, and helps both organizations to tell their stories to prospective members, donors, grantors and the general public. To thrive in this role, you will be a story teller who is comfortable writing web content and blog articles, who can work with outside writers and internal colleagues to curate interesting stories and messages, and who has the attention to detail and project management skills to ensure nothing is missed and deadlines are met. In addition to managing BASF and JDC publications, you will work with your team to help market our events and conferences, oversee the BASF and JDC brands, and oversee all external communications activities.
The successful candidate will have the following:
Education and Experience
A Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, Communications or a related field is required, as well as 3-5 years of experience in a fast-paced communications department, advertising agency or similar marketing and communications environment.
Skills and Requirements
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills—you’ll work with professionals with varying backgrounds and experience levels
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize—you should have the flexibility to easily shift between projects when priorities change or external events create new demands
· Attention to detail—there are a lot of moving pieces to track
· Ability to operate under pressure and in a very fast-paced office
· Ability to effectively represent BASF/JDC to members, colleagues and members of the legal community and general public, in person and via phone, in an amicable, professional and team-oriented manner
· Fluent knowledge of MS Office, including advanced Excel skills
· Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
· WordPress, or other content management system, and HTML knowledge strongly preferred
· Adobe Lightroom experience a plus
· Experience with Google Analytics, social and marketing analytics and reporting is also a plus
Why Work For Us
We offer a collaborative, diverse and progressive work culture, and are committed to our mission and values. Additionally, we have a standard 35-hour workweek and generous holiday and vacation benefits.
We also offer competitive pay and a generous benefits package that includes: a choice of medical insurance plans, dental insurance, vision insurance, pretax commuter, health, and dependent care accounts, employer paid short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a retirement and profit-sharing benefit, and more!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-11