Communications and Publications Coordinator
Who we are:
ACT | The App Association represents more than 5,000 app makers and connected device companies in the mobile economy. Our team is professional, collaborative, and effective. We are the leading industry resource on how policy affects small tech businesses, including on issues such as platforms, intellectual property, privacy, and security.
Who you are:
ACT | The App Association seeks a communications and publications coordinator who can help us produce high quality statements, whitepapers, and industry reports at a consistent pace. The ideal candidate possesses experience with public relations and communications basics such as how to write a statement, a press release, a whitepaper, social content, etc. You will also work with our creative director on layouts for external documents, social graphics, and adding content to our web channels. This candidate should also be proactive in working with our internal teams to coordinate their communications needs, reporting directly to the director of communications. Currently, the position is work from home, but upon reopening, you will work in our Washington, DC, office.
- Work with our teams to draft communications materials such as statements and press releases based on knowledge of our messaging and positions
- Targeted media pitching and development of relationships with media
- Social media outreach for the App Association and its initiatives
- Manage website updates such as updating blog content, uploading resources and files
- Produce social media content using templates created by our creative director
- Create and coordinate the content and design of proactive storylines for media and social engagement.
- 1-3 years of experience via a combination of internships or workplace
- A developed writing style and a desire to improve their voice writing for a variety of platforms and audiences
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently but also collaborate with staff at various levels
- Basic graphic design experience using templates for PDFs or social graphics using Canva
- Familiarity with basic tasks in WordPress and Squarespace
- Comfortability with the “breaking news” pace of policy communications
- Familiarity with policy media members and outlets and how to pitch reporters
Candidates should send their resumes, cover letter, and two to three writing and design samples to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2021-03-15