Communications Senior Associate
Center Road Solutions is seeking a full-time Communications Sr. Associate to assist our nonprofit clients’ mental health work, primarily through communications, event management, partnership development, and grassroots mobilization.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to translate complex policy to audiences of all ages and political parties, mobilize and engage advocates and the public through social media and grassroots campaigns, lead event management, and assist with team needs, They will be committed to getting results in a fast-paced environment and handle a heavy workload without dropping the ball. This position is an opportunity to make real change for women and families, develop and advance a career with a growing business, and become a part of our family.
Center Road Solutions is a fast-paced, woman-owned bipartisan lobbying and public affairs firm whose mission is to assist women and family’s health and safety by passing moderate federal policy for nonprofit organizations. We work closely with policymakers, advocates, nonprofit organizations, and business leaders, and have built a reputation of getting results for legislation with a mental health tie such as the STOP School Violence Act, STANDUP Act, Anna Westin Act, and numerous Appropriations packages. Clients include Sandy Hook Promise, Eating Disorders Coalition for Research, Policy & Action, Harvard T.H. Chan’s STRIPED, Maternal Mental Health Leadership Alliance, 2020 MOM, REDC Consortium, and Healthy Women.
The Communications Sr. Associate reports to the Vice President and is responsible for the following:
· Leading all political communications in traditional and social media, in addition to website management (non-coding) for client and Center Road Solutions.
· Leading event planning and management for all clients, including Congressional Policy Briefings and Capitol Hill Advocacy Days ( includes coordinating Congressional meetings for advocates in preparation for Hill Days).
· Mobilizing and maintaining strategic relationships with grassroots and grasstops advocates, coalition partners, and clients.
· Assistance with light policy research and summaries of markups and hearings.
· Managing company operational elements.
We’re seeking candidates who excel in savvy public communications, relationship-building, are results-oriented, understand health or education policy, and have strong project management skills. Candidates should have:
· 1-3 years of communications experience with a proven track record of seamlessly managing events, developing press releases/statements, managing media relations, increasing social media engagement and creating social media campaigns.
· Outgoing and experience (or transferable experience) mobilizing, engaging, and maintaining strong working relationships with diverse grassroots and grasstops community to advance advocacy.
· A demonstrated commitment to meeting a high bar and history of getting things done even in the face of obstacles.
· Experience managing multiple projects.
· Strong written and oral communications, with an ability to communicate in a manner understood by all education levels.
· Passion for improving policy to advance the health and safety of women and families everywhere, particularly around mental health.
· Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other members of the Center Road Solutions team and relevant partners.
· Comfortable working remote.
Preference, but not required:
· Customer service experience.
· Graphic design experience, including Canva social media creation.
· Desire to grow with the business, including an interest in business development.
The position is full-time (averaging 40-45 hours per week), and remote (at minimum through 2021 due to the pandemic; however, will possibly consider candidates who can travel to DC for events post-pandemic.)
Center Road Solutions is an equal opportunity employer, and we value having staff who come from communities that are most impacted by our issues and bring a diverse perspective.
Benefits include 75% medical and dental (with zero deductible), generous paid leave including mental health days, employer contribution to your retirement fund, professional development allowance, and potential for end-of-year bonuses.
How to Apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “[Last Name: Sr. Associate Application]”:
· 1 Page Resume
· Concise, bulleted list of why you meet, or have transferable skills to meet the qualifications.
o Please do not be afraid to apply if you don’t meet every qualification, and include transferable skills from part-time jobs (i.e. serving, retail, etc.) as Imposter Syndrome can get the best of all of us.
Job posted: 2021-02-25