Communications Senior Manager – Policy & Government Relations
Are you a team player and creative thinker with superlative writing and project management skills? Do you have a strategic and executional mindset that can deliver high-value communications results that drive business objectives? We need entrepreneurial and passionate professionals to play in this world. If this is you, hit the “Apply Now” button!
Work you’ll do
Success in the Communications Senior Manager role requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and grow positive working relationships with our internal stakeholders in Deloitte’s Policy & Government relations office, including but not limited to:
- The Communications Senior Manager will work with the Policy & Government Relations (PGR) leadership team, Political Action Committee (PAC) manager, and national practice leaders, senior partners, managing directors, and subject matter experts to plan, lead, and execute communications and practice-wide internal communications channels to advance Policy & Government Relations strategy, build awareness, and promote the brand. Specifically, the role will focus on these areas:
- PGR communications: Provide strategic counsel, communications planning, and timely production of deliverables – such as leadership messages, video scripts, event talking points, leadership webcasts, weekly Washington updates for Deloitte US CEO – in support of opportunities that amplify the business strategy internally and build PGR and Deloitte eminence externally.
- Strategic initiatives: Work with internal stakeholders on requested or recommended deliverables and provide guidance on what has the best return on investment. Develop relationships with fellow communications team members and PGR team members and help solve problems.
- A portion of the role will be focused on supporting other PGR strategic initiatives and will extend beyond communications support.
Additionally, the role requires you to:
- Be a leader, team player, creative thinker, and proactive professional who works and thinks at the strategic level and guides the team at the tactical levels to deliver high-value communications results.
- Develop internal communications to inspire professionals, increase engagement and accelerate the adoption curve of initiatives.
- Leverage superlative organizational and project management skills; craft agile short-term and long-term action plans; work independently on multiple assignments while maintaining top quality deliverables.
- Use strong skills in writing and editing and coach team members on how to impact significant change through written communication.
- Counsel senior leaders regarding communications objectives, programs, and tactics.
- Measure the effectiveness of communications strategies and approaches.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times when dealing with sensitive or proprietary information.
Deloitte’s Policy & Government Relations team works to empower Deloitte to bring its unique combination of insight, expertise, and innovation to influence and shape policy at both the federal and state levels to make an impact that matters for our business, clients, and society.
Key Working Relationships
- Office of the CEO
- Government & Public Sector business leads and subject matter experts
- PAC Manager and PAC Board
- Risk, Compliance, and other enabling areas leadership
- Communications professional with at least 12+ years of relevant experience, including in internal, multi-dimensional communications programs.
- Experience with and/or deep understanding of politics and policy in Washington, D.C. is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, English, or Journalism, is required.
- Strong writing and editing skills and previous writing/editing experience in internal communications, PR, or journalism fields required.
- Experience in successfully managing and delivering sensitive, crisis, and executive communications requests in a large-scale corporate environment preferred.
- Proven ability to research, analyze, and consolidate complex content into cohesive, clear, straightforward messaging.
- Proven success in developing and executing internal communications strategy and communications plans for a large business, preferably in professional services.
- Experience in managing and coaching communications professionals, and teaming across business units.
- Strong knowledge of best practices in corporate communications.
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of communication strategies and approaches.
- Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word; knowledgeable in all aspects of Microsoft Office and ancillary programs.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Learn more here
Requisition code: E20WASSSMRJD042-MCL6
Job posted: 2019-08-12