Communications and Social Media Associate
New Paradigm Agency, a D.C.-based communications and public affairs consulting firm, is seeking a resourceful and organized Communications and Social Media Associate with strong writing, digital, research, and interpersonal skills to join our team.
A firm rooted in politics, public affairs, and campaigns, New Paradigm executes rapid-response style communications in a fast paced and collaborative environment. Candidates must have the ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines, interface with clients, and balance multiple projects at once.
They should possess 2-4 years of experience and demonstrated oral and written communication skills, digital expertise, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, and sound political instincts. To apply, please email resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Draft and edit communications and digital copy (e.g. press releases, e-mails, media advisories, opinion pieces, social media content)
- Organize, implement, and monitor social media campaigns
- Manage client portfolios and develop and implement strategic communications plans
- Monitor, collect, and organize daily press clips and social media activity
- Organize logistics on behalf of press conferences
- Pitch upcoming client events to relevant media
- Conduct issue-specific research
- Manage client relationships and day-to-day client needs
- 2-4 years communications experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort interfacing with clients and media
- Commitment to progressive causes and issues
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Paid vacation/sick days
- Competitive salary offered based upon experience
New Paradigm Agency is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-08