Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/ Overview:
At Mass General Brigham Digital, we pride ourselves on our ability to create maximum strategic, clinical, and operational value from established and emergent technologies for our patients, care teams, researchers, and employees. Digital health will not only enhance the equity and efficiency of healthcare delivery, but it will also help make medicine more personalized and precise.
We recognize that increasing value and continually improving quality while maintaining an inclusive focus are essential to organizational excellence, and we invite you to join us on this journey. The work we do in Digital is a strategic imperative, and there is a strong and growing understanding of how together we will transform Mass General Brigham in innovative and impactful ways.
The Communications Specialist for Mass General Brigham Digital will play an important role in our Digital transformation journey. Reporting to the Communications Manager for Mass General Brigham Digital, this role will assist in the execution of a comprehensive multi-channel communication strategy to effectively & efficiently engage with both internal and external stakeholders.
The role’s output will aim to increase knowledge and understanding of key Digital initiatives to various audiences, enhance the visibility and credibility of senior leadership, ensure healthy two-way communication pathways, and advance a culture that values collective achievement, teamwork, pride, diversity, and mutual respect.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, proof-read, and deliver written communications (articles, emails, newsletters, decks, etc.) regarding key Digital updates, events, critical enterprise information, and more via the appropriate channels
- Update & maintain a multi-layered SharePoint site for all Digital employees
- Work closely with the Communications Manager to evolve existing and create new communications channels to ensure a 360-degree approach
- Own and update rolling content calendar for the Digital People & Communications team
- Solicit news from leaders and employees to identify and develop engaging content that aligns with both the Digital and enterprise priorities/goals
- Partner with the Mass General Brigham corporate communication team(s) to align & leverage strategic Digital updates at the enterprise level
- Measure & report key communications metrics; make recommendations on improving our communications strategies as appropriate
- Collaborate with Digital’s People team on employee engagement initiatives to support a happy and inclusive culture, both in-office and virtually
- Assist in the delivery of engaging virtual and in-person employee events/experiences, including but not limited to Town Halls, leader luncheons and deep dive discussions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or a related field
- 2-4 years experience, preferably in a healthcare or matrixed environment; internship experience will be considered
- Other applicable marketing & communication experience will be considered in areas such as employee communications, event management and social media
- Strong writer with proven ability to write clear, effective content and sound editorial judgement regarding tone, grammar, and design
- Experience with web content management systems
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint and Teams
- Excellent writer & editor
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills appropriate for conversations at all levels of the organization, in both group and 1:1 settings
- Ability to understand complex concepts/ideas and distill into accessible content for a diverse audience
- A self-starter with the ability to work autonomously, be flexible, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Adobe Creative Suite and/or video production experience not required, but a plus
- This position is remote but may require occasional local travel to MGB sites, vendors, and/or conferences
- Hospital work environment working conditions include possible exposure to diseases or infections and may require safety gear (PPE) such as gloves and mask.
- Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception
EEO Statement Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-26