Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
ERPi is seeking a Specialist who is experienced in evaluating and developing federal communications programs. The consultant will be responsible for evaluating existing outreach programs and developing strategies for large-scale organizational change and developing communications products such as fact sheets, talking points, blogs, etc.
The Strategic Communications Consultant role will be part of a larger program implementation support services contract in support of an enterprise-wide transformation of VA’s health care delivery system. The successful candidate is independent, has a high attention to detail, creative, strong written and oral communication skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office, communications software. Daily responsibilities include writing communications from strategic at program levels to individual project artifacts.
This role requires a combination of communications, problem solving and analytical skills, collaboration and teamwork, flexibility, and client relationship building/management skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in relationship and time management, functioning in a dual role of Communications and Training support to the VHA client
- Create programmatic and project-specific strategic communications plans and artifacts
- Provide verbal and written communications support for a large, federal health program.
- Develop materials such as communications plans, leadership briefings, fact sheets, website content, and email blasts that are high quality and free of errors.
- Effectively and professionally engage with all project stakeholders and explain complex systems in plain language
- Demonstrate excellence in oral and written communications (briefings, presentations, and client ready documentation).
- A writing sample will be a requirement of the interview process.
- Provide subject matter expertise in communications strategy and approach
- Develop subject matter expertise in the program to enhance communications artifacts and programs with minimal supervision
- Manage day-to-day client relationships and communications
- Represent ERPi at client progress meetings and briefings.
- Prepare progress reports and client briefings.
- Prepare quality client deliverables.
- Demonstrate collaborative teamwork
- Comfortable serving as a back-up or learning web page design/content updates as needed.
- Knowledge of Section 508 accessibility standards
- Provides support in adult learning and instructional design through course development
- Help to plan and execute program within client governance structure.
- Support client growth initiatives by identifying additional opportunities and scoping/responding to follow-on tasks.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a strategic communications role developing program level plans and project-specific artifacts.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to develop a basic subject-matter understanding through materials provided and individual research/collaboration with course/content SMEs.
- Demonstrated writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting of client-ready materials. • Strong consulting and interpersonal skills; able to work in a team environment.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to work with senior leadership.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project).
- Outstanding writing skills, and experience developing and editing high-quality written materials, including: client educational materials, fact sheets, infographics, posters, and reports
- Federal consulting experience
- Healthcare consulting experience
- Experience working in training or instructional design, preferably for government or community organizations, and/or healthcare or public health stakeholders
- Expertise using Adobe InDesign and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other standard software is required
- Familiarity with requirements of the Federal Government Printing Office Style Manual and/or Section 508 compliance is a plus
- Ability to organize and coordinate complex projects and meet deadlines under different leads
- Innate customer service mentality and experience working directly with clients
- Ability to solve problems quickly and creatively
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-06