Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Communications Specialist – (1844)
Founded in 2007, Markon Solutions is a nationally recognized consulting firm headquartered in Falls Church, Virginia. With employees in seven states and overseas, we support the intelligence community, defense and civilian sectors, as well as commercial clients. Markon is committed to advancing clients through project management and business improvement services offered in a premiere, highly personal environment.
Join our winning team! We empower our employees to make decisions and encourage them to take on leadership roles. New ideas from employees are also encouraged. Markon is a place where you can truly demonstrate your capabilities to your full potential. We are consistently named a Washington Post Top Workplace and Best Place to Work in Virginia because we put our employees first. Markon offers an exceptional benefits package that ranks in the top tier of our industry.
Markon Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Markon Solutions is seeking a Communications Specialist to help support one of its Intelligence Community customers.
- Supports the ODNI by leading communication support such as: the development, preparation, production, coordination, and editing of a range of products that may include finished intelligence products, strategy and planning documents, talking points, and speeches
- Prepares assignments based on input from subject matter experts
- Mentors and trains junior staff
- Utilizes tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud suite to create compelling content
- Utilizes request management tools such as NarQuest to provide swift, high quality customer support for communications requests
- Provides support by researching, proofreading, editing, creating, writing, processing, revising, formatting, providing quality checks, and coordinating the composition of products for hardcopy and electronic publication, as well as dissemination on multiple platforms. Products will be in a variety of formats, styles, and configurations, including written and web-based products
- Ensures documentation and editing support includes checks for accuracy and consistency in organization, style, readability, and accessibility based on the medium
- Drafts and edits a variety of communication materials and products, including but not limited to talking points, speeches, quotes, remarks, leadership communications, marketing copy, newsletter content, website content, and other communications products
- Serves as the primary author on fact sheets, pamphlets, website content, articles, email messaging, and other communications products, as needed
- Initiates, plans, executes, and reports on tasks independently, as identified
- Prepares and edits speeches or scripts for senior executives for live or recorded delivery, testimony, and statements for Congressional Record
- Rewrites submissions as necessary to organize, balance, and apply a consistent sense of style, grammar, and flow to these written materials
- Conveys complex information in a clear and simple manner
- Ensures all products are consistent with tradecraft and publication standards
- Advises and coaches leadership on the presentation and delivery of speeches
- Tools include the MS Office suite, collaboration tools such as MS Teams and Sharepoint, as well as Adobe Creative Suite.
- Active TS/SCI CI Polygraph Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of experience; 9 years of experience in lieu of a degree
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-10-25