ETA is at the vanguard of the payments technology industry, advocating for safe, reliable and secure transactions, fostering collaboration among stakeholders and providing expertise to educate and support the industry.
ETA’s efforts create and favorable business environment for members to lead in the innovation of seamless, efficient, reliable and secure digital payments that benefit individuals, businesses and the economy and elicit complete confidence in every transaction.
We are looking for an ambitious, self-starter and energetic Communications Specialist to join our team. As a Communications Specialist, you will play an integral role in the digital and traditional communications, thought leadership, publications and events as it pertains to maintaining ETA as the voice of the payments technology industry. This position will help drive awareness of the association with different audiences – members, non-members, policymakers, media, etc. – through digital and traditional channels to drive awareness and engagement with the association. You will manage ETA’s digital site, TransactionTrends.com, our social media channels, our weekly e-newsletter and help transition ETA’s publications into a digital-first model. The Communications Specialist will also produce a variety of written content and respond to request from the media.
Ultimately, you will act as ETA’s voice, so if you align with our core values and have related experience, we would love to meet with you!
- Works with the Communications and Marketing team to formulate digital strategies on social media, as well as in ETA publications.
- Assists in communications efforts to get the payments technology industry covered in the media.
- Directly manages ETA’s blog and weekly e-newsletter.
- Monitors progress and ensures consistency and quality of products.
- Produces effectively written communications including, but not limited to, press releases, fact sheets, op-eds, social media and other content for approval.
- Manages ETA’s social communities and online presence by writing strategic and compelling social content across a variety of platforms; producing and maintaining editorial calendars; tracking and reporting on online growth.
- Works with each of ETA’s departments to coordinate timelines and deliverables around association and industry related content for both social media and ETA publications.
- Monitors and track news related to ETA to stay current with payments trends, weave updates into social media posts and keep up-to-date on the latest payments statistics.
- Meets deadlines, prioritizes tasks and projects effectively.
This position reports to the Director of Communications.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with social and digital first- and third-party platforms, content management systems (e.g., WordPress), social engagement tools (e.g.,Hootsuite, Feather), and other emerging digital platforms.
- Understanding of digital, traditional, and paid media.
- Familiar with the promotion of in-person and virtual events.
- Track record of exemplary creative and communication skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, as well as work independently and exercise sound professional judgment.
- Proficiency with PC operating systems, as well as word processing, spreadsheets, and internet browsing applications.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of relevant work experience required.
- Trade Association or agency experience is preferred.
- Daily work performed Monday through Friday, 9.00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; additional hours may be required on an as-needed basis.
- To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job title in the e-mail subject line. Short listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
Job posted: 2020-07-14