Florida Crystals is a leading domestic sugar producer and North America’s first fully integrated cane sugar company, guiding our sugar from farm to table. We are America’s first and only producer of certified organic sugar, grown and harvested in the United States. Our renewable energy facility is the largest of its kind in North America and provides clean energy that powers our sugar operations, which helps us reduce our use of fossil fuels. Florida Crystals also sustainably farms rice, sweet corn and other vegetables in rotation with our sugarcane. Our rice mill is the only rice mill in Florida.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for a broad range of corporate communications activities. The Communications Specialist will support the global internal and external communications team for Florida Crystals-ASR Group.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure employees receive interesting and engaging communications about activities within the company.
- Support all corporate communications, including company intranet, internal email communication, social media and other print/digital mediums that may assist in successfully communicating messages. This includes assisting in finding, planning, developing and writing original content and editing content.
- Develop compelling graphics and content for social media and other mediums
- Manage all corporate social media profiles
- Ensure consistency between all internal and external communications
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to drive messages and promote employee engagement
- Develop and implement key performance indicators related to the success of communication campaigns
- Develop graphics and multimedia to support communications
- Must have 2-3 years of relevant experience in corporate communications (internal, external or a combination
- Demonstrated capability in implementing communication strategies
- Experience writing engaging messages and communication campaign
- Experience with company intranet, preferably Sharepoint
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or Marketing required.
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- SharePoint knowledge and experience
- Adobe Creative Cloud suite of programs and video editing proficiency
- Accountability: Takes accountability for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development; openly discusses his/her actions and their consequences both good and bad.
- Acting with Integrity: Clearly states goals and beliefs; lets people know his/her true intentions; does what he she said they would do; follows through on commitments; understands and follows company policies
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and consistency
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner; tailors message to fit the interests and needs of the audience; delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener; effectively communicates within and across departments to ensure communications initiatives are carried out accurately and on time
- Energy & Initiative: Takes action on his/her own without being prompted; handles problems independently; able to resolve issues without relying on extensive help from others; does more than is expected or asked; asserts one’s influence over events to achieve goals
- Business & Financial Acumen – Ability to analyze information and make deductions in accordance with departmental guidelines. Ability to track and report data, as needed.
- Communicating Effectively – Excellent written and verbal communication skills; appropriately communicates at all levels of the organization.
- Customer Orientation – Making customers and their needs a primary focus of actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Establishes Trust – High degree of personal integrity in all business dealings.
- Judgement & Decision Making – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skilfully.
- Results Orientation & Accountability – Attentive to detail and demonstrated ability to deliver on accountabilities in order to help the business and the team be successful. Track record of high-performance.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – A great team player with a great attitude, good customer service orientation, and focused on delivering outstanding results to their clients and the business, overall.
- Adaptability / Flexibility – Adapts without difficulty to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Continuous Improvement – Well organized, ambitious, courageous, flexible but decisive, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-Development – High positive energy to take on continuous and complex business challenges in a fast-paced environment. Persistence to drive to solutions despite obstacles and/or competing priorities.
- Computer Proficiency – Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Organization – Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow-through to resolve any outstanding issues.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-07