As a CVS Health Communications Senior Consultant, you will be a member of the retail communications team supporting day-to-day internal and external communications activities for CVS Pharmacy, MinuteClinic and HealthHUB.You will help support key communications initiatives aligned to business priorities and growth strategies for the retail team. As an integral member of the retail communications team, additional responsibilities will also include supporting internal and external communications operations, daily media monitoring, quarterly analytics reporting, and weekly communications activity tracking across the retail businesses. Your ability to partner with colleagues in the CVS Pharmacy, MinuteClinic and HealthHUB businesses along with Government Affairs, Human Resources and Centers of Excellence (COE) in Corporate Communications is critical to success in this position. You will also be a key member of the Enterprise Communications team and will work collaboratively with colleagues focused on multiple lines of business, as well as corporate COE’s.
This position would be based at CVS Health Corporate headquarters in Woonsocket, RI.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Help develop media materials, including press releases, FAQs, media lists and other materials in support of media relations activities for the retail businesses.
– Coordinate in-store media clearances as needed to support scheduled on-site media interviews.
– Work with subject matter experts across the retail businesses to help create written content for company-owned internal and external digital properties.
– Monitor and analyze health care and industry trends as well as the businesses’ media coverage for regular, daily reporting to key internal partners across CVS Retail businesses.
– Track and report weekly CVS retail activities and manage input into the department snapshot used to update senior leaders to key communications activities.
– Support development of communications materials, plans and strategies using best practices, innovative ideas and audience insights.
– Support internal communications projects, initiatives and operations as assigned.
**- Ability to travel up to 20-25% of the time, as needed, per business needs.****
– 3+ years relevant Communications experience that includes experience in writing and editing various communications on short notice and as part of long-term initiatives.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including sharing ideas and information across diverse audiences and creating compelling PowerPoint presentations
– Ability to meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality. Strong performance accountability orientation, both in terms of following through on commitments and deadlines
– Excellent project management skills to align and organize diverse teams around a strategic plan to meet a common goal.
– Solid time management, planning and organizational skills. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
– An interest and ability to effectively deliver in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
– Demonstrated ability to build relationships and collaborate with other communication professionals toward a common goal
Bachelor’s degree required.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Job posted: 2020-08-21