Alliance of Community Health Plans
ACHP is looking for an enthusiastic communications professional help execute ACHP’s communications strategy that supports and advances ACHP’s vision and mission. This person will play a central role in the communications team of a fast-paced Washington DC advocacy organization. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, strong writer and trusted multi-tasker, able to support ACHP’s member and external communications needs.
· Draft communications collateral, including press releases, blog posts, member communications, e-newsletters, annual report and website copy.
· Assist Communications leader with driving consistent media coverage of ACHP and its initiatives, including managing media requests.
· Manage monitoring of daily headlines and clips, create and maintain media contact databases.
· Project manage major communications endeavors, work closely with vendors and external consultants.
· Research, strategize and complete submissions for external speaking opportunities and event participation for ACHP CEO, CMO and member plan leaders.
· Lead planning, programming and logistics for internal and external events, including major bi-annual conferences.
· Assist with speeches/presentations, including slide creation, for ACHP CEO and other leadership, as requested.
· Gather and develop member plan stories for use in advocacy and media efforts.
· Collaborate with communications team to develop and implement communications and public affairs strategies, and projects.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelors’ Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field
· 2-3 years communications experience; health care and/or nonprofit communications experience a plus
· Ability to think creatively and strategically about communications in a fast-paced Washington, DC advocacy organization
· Exceptional writing and editing skills with an ability to boil down complex issues into compelling messaging
· Results-oriented with a high attention to detail
· Superb project management abilities, capable of advancing multiple communications priorities and working independently under tight deadlines
· Experience in coordinating activities and managing relationships with stakeholders, consultants and external agencies.
· Functional proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Premiere, Photoshop)
· Sense of humor, team-player, and dedication to ensuring access to affordable health care
Please submit a resume and cover letter to ACHP Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include Communications Specialist, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.
Job posted: 2019-02-24