The Primary Care Coalition (PCC) seeks a committed and enthusiastic communications specialist to implement internal and external communications activities and enhance brand recognition for the PCC.
Recognized as a leader in reducing health disparities in Montgomery County, Maryland and the surrounding communities, the PCC strives to provide a coordinated network of high-quality care for low-income, uninsured and underinsured, ethnically diverse individuals.
1. Communications Planning. Work with program staff to identify communication objectives and develop annual communications plans. Work with program staff to gather and compile compelling content such as patient/client testimonials, case studies, white papers, and others for use in various communications materials and formats. Project manage communication activities to drive activities toward goals.
2. Support program communications. Coordinate production of collateral materials, newsletters, webinars and other formats to support communications needs of programs. Write a wide range of communication materials that clearly convey complex information. Collaborate with program staff to ensure content is accurate, clear, consistent, and grammatically correct. Engage vendors including video producers/editors, proofreading services and printing vendors as needed to produce polished and compelling materials.
3. Graphic Design. Develop creative concept and professional layout for materials according to program needs effectively use Adobe Suite, Power Point, and other design tools as appropriate to the format of the materials. Engage free-lance graphic designers as needed.
4. Coordinate distribution of communication materials. Collaborate with program staff to identify appropriate distribution channels for various communications materials. Liaise with distribution partners to deliver materials and ensure materials and messages reach the identified target audience.
5. Event management. Serve as point of contact with vendors to ensure seamless logistics for high profile events. Identify caterers, A/V support, venue options, and other vendors as needed. Design event collateral. Collaborate with internal and external partners to execute the event program. Promote the event to drive sponsorships and ticket sales.
6. Program management. Manage and oversee select grant funded programs that are consistent with the duties described above including organizing logistics and publicity for grant funded trainings, events, and health education and promotion programs. Ensure grant deliverables are completed in a timely fashion, monitor grant expenditures to budget, and together with the Sr. Development Manager ensure accurate and timely reporting to the funding agency.
7. Enhance the PCC’s online presence. Manage the PCC’s e-newsletters, website and liaise with PCC IT department and vendors to ensure security and operation of website. Annually, refresh website content to reflect the latest program activities and impact. Maintain a robust organizational presence on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and other relevant social media platforms.
8. Board Administrative Support. Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors and organization senior leadership including preparing briefing packet, scheduling meetings, and maintaining meeting minutes.
1. Participate fully and collaboratively in staff and team management work groups.
2. Represent PCC at meetings in a professional and informed manner to maintain and/or establish key community and business contacts and connections.
3. Together with all PCC staff, share responsibility for ensuring all organization activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
4. Perform other duties as assigned and as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three (3 years of professional experience in communications or marketing related field.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent communicator. Strong oral and written communication skills with ability to produce concise and compelling arguments. Meticulous grammar and spelling skills. Comfort with Chicago style manual a plus.
• Proven project management ability. Detail oriented with ability to ensure timely completion of multiple complex assignments. Knowledge of print production and graphic design processes preferred.
• Creativity. Strong reasoning, analytical, and problem-solving skills and ability to devise creative solutions to communications challenges.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Passion for cultivating relationships with partners. Able to interact effectively and build collaborative relationships with stakeholders and colleagues.
• Strong computer skills. Comfortable using Microsoft Office Applications, WordPress and other content management systems, Constant Contact, and social media.
Writing sample required with application, maximum 500 words.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing may be required.
• This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
• Requires ability to learn new software applications as necessary.
• Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
• Must be able to travel locally.
This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act expected of an incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of an incumbent. An incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
PCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-06