Founded in 1994, Lafayette Group helps public and private agencies enhance the American qualify of life through innovative technologies, strategic planning, and technical support services. Key areas of work include managing public safety communication programs, development of advanced technology, and outreach to State and municipal agencies. Lafayette Group offers its employees a great working environment with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Job Summary: Lafayette Group is seeking a qualified and highly motivated individual to support strategic communications efforts for a federal client to promote and support the adoption of programs and capabilities by its federal agency customers. This position will involve developing communications strategies and work products on a variety of strategic communications, media/public affairs, public relations, stakeholder engagement, video production, and program management support tasks.
- Provide communications and outreach support to the client that support internal and external communications strategies, including developing messaging products, generating ideas for products and materials, and facilitating client discussions of strategies and strategic decisions.
- Develop and implement internal and external outreach activities to raise awareness, visibility, and adoption of key federal cybersecurity policies and programs.
- Research and determine and/or recommend appropriate communications, public affairs, and support messaging efforts for internal and external stakeholders to create understandable and compelling narratives for writing speeches, talking points and briefing decks for client executives, as well as writing articles, newsletters, fact sheets, email blasts, website content, and other collateral.
- Support the development and implementation of internal and external communications strategies/plans to coordinate with relevant stakeholders, including federal, state, and local government; industry partners; Industry associations; congressional committees; and media representatives.
- Assist in concept generation and production of graphics.
- Articulate complex strategic situations and strategies to effectively communicate to technical and non-technical audiences and to all levels of an organization.
- Work directly with program managers, stakeholders, and others to assess, plan, coordinate, and conduct activities related to project milestones.
- Build strong relationships with customers and clients.
- 5+ years of experience specifically related to communications, marketing, or public relations.
- Experience and competency using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong client relationship skills and the ability to communicate effectively through written and oral means.
- Strong writing abilities and experiences designing and developing written work products in a variety of formats (e.g., slide presentations, publications, email communications).
- Strong writing abilities and experiences designing and developing written work products in a variety of formats (e.g., presentations, publications).
- Possession of excellent interpersonal skills, including interfacing effectively with a broad range of people and roles.
- BA or BS degree.
- Ability to attain a U.S. government public trust.
- Experience working on communications activities focused on cybersecurity or information technology.
- Experience supporting federal government programs as a communications consultant.
- Experience working in the field of cybersecurity or information technology.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity programs (e.g., Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation [CDM] Program), federal requirements, functions, responsibilities, history and the relationship to other governmental units and private interest.
- Existing Secret clearance or above.
This position involves working on federal contracts that require all workers on the contract to be U.S. Citizens. Additionally, some contracts may require the ability to obtain a security clearance.
Lafayette Group provides equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibits employment decisions based on race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-13