Full Job Description
The primary responsibilities of this position are to assist the NAA communications team in developing, implementing and executing communications initiatives and programming for a variety of audiences, including all segments of the apartment industry and all tiers of media. The communications specialist will support the organization’s strategic goals, including thought leadership, by performing a broad range of tasks including but not limited to content development, media relations activities and professional and administrative support.
· Support communications and media relations activities, to include but not limited to media list development, report compilation, interview booking, proofing/editing, story generation, trendspotting and pitching.
· Create content, including press releases, organization statements, media responses, online articles and talking points.
· Provide administrative support to the communications department, to include coordinating media interviews, uploading website content, compiling media reports and other responsibilities as necessary.
· Assist with interview preparation as needed, including mock interviews and strategy brainstorming.
· Assist with creation, development and maintenance of speaker’s bureau.
· Research and develop storylines for pitching to mainstream and trade publications.
· Curation and maintenance of internal “story bank” for use in media outreach efforts.
· Assist with podcast production and other new/specialty initiatives.
1. Communication proficiency
2. Technical capacity
3. Organizational skills
4. Cultural Awareness
5. Proactive outlook
6. Relationship Management
7. Critical Evaluation
8. Ethical Practice
Minimal, perhaps an occasional conference.
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or a similar field
· 2+ years previous experience in a professional setting, communications experience preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of AP style and rules of grammar and punctuation
· Familiarity with PR and media relations
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize projects and manage competing deadlines; deliver quality work under tight deadlines
· Ability to interact with association staff at all levels, including senior leadership and executives
· Proficient with Microsoft Office 365.
· Basic photography and videography skills.
· Campaign, legislative or government affairs experience a plus
Application deadline: 2020-12-14
Expected start date: 2021-01-04
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-18