RTI International is seeking applicants for the role of Communications Specialist to serve as part of RTI’s Learning, Energy, and Environment for Development (LEED) Division within the International Development Group (IDG). LEED is a growing Division with an expanding portfolio of work.
LEED is looking for an outstanding communications professional to support building the profile and visibility of the division’s work, impact and experts to key audiences, in order to communicate successes and to grow RTI’s business in LEED’s three technical areas, under the direction of the Communications Manager . Duties will involve supporting RTI’s online and social media presence, designing and implementing internal and external events, and helping project teams, technical experts and researchers communicate effectively about LEED’s work. As needed, the position may support research and analytical tasks such as competitor/client analysis, funding trends, and sector specific analysis. Position will be located in either Washington, D.C or Research Triangle Park, North Carolina.
• Develop written and digital content for external websites, social media platforms, newsletters, and other communications channels
• Support LEED project teams internationally to write and develop project success stories and other content
• Liaise with technical experts and project teams to write and disseminate key innovations, learnings, and research to wider audiences
• Support global communications events, including conferences, workshops, webinars, panel presentations, receptions, social media events, etc.
• Create engaging and content-rich visuals, including infographics, for print and digital distribution
• Write and coordinate review of communications materials including flyers, brochures, fact sheets, presentations, speeches, and reports
• Manage LEED’s editorial calendar, keeping current with news and trending topics in international development
• Collaborate closely with RTI’s corporate communications office, as well as communications staff in IDG and across RTI, ensuring that the team’s communications efforts are aligned with RTI-wide goals, initiatives, messaging, and brand
• Support other LEED and IDG functions as assigned, in particular proposal support.
• Bachelor’s degree required in communications, journalism, international development, international relations, political science, business administration, or related social sciences.
Three to five years of related work experience in communications, marketing, journalism or public relations required, with relevant experience in international development strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in creative design applications, including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience managing or contributing to social media profiles and activities on behalf of a business or nonprofit organization.
• Strong understanding of content generation and marketing.
• Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
• Research & analytical skills a plus.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and establish strong working relationships with key colleagues within IDG and other departments across RTI.
• Proven project management skills, with ability to manage multiple activities or projects with competing deadlines.
• Ability to adapt to changes in priorities, workload, and workflow
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Exposure to and interest in international development strongly preferred.
• Self-starter, able to think creatively and work independently.
• Effective organizational and time management skills.
• Working knowledge of foreign language(s) (e.g., Arabic, Spanish, or French) is preferred.
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% time.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-24