Cognosante is on a mission to transform our country’s systems for healthcare, safety and security. We are an IT Company who helps public sector organizations do everything from strategic consulting and acquisition support to application development, data integration, data standards, and business process operations. Learn how we are making a difference in people’s lives today!
Change Management / Communications focuses on preparing users and stakeholders for the migration to a new financial management system, facilitating the acceptance of the new solution amongst staff, and keeping everyone informed of the project’s status. The Communications Specialist shall assist the JPMO in managing and overseeing these efforts.
- Assist the JPMO in creating and maintaining a Communications Plan that outlines the framework and approach to managing communication across the JPMO and Component FSM programs
- Produces and Coordinates Communications to Department Leadership and external stakeholders such as Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and Congress. These may include ‘one-pager’ memoranda, PowerPoint presentations, white papers, and other media
- Develop talking points and language for Program Manager, Modernization Manager, Chief Financial Officer, and other DHS stakeholders to use when briefing program status
- Take meeting minutes and record action items at all Executive Steering Committees, Executive Stakeholder Briefs, Deputy Under Secretary for Management briefs, and other meetings as required
- Assist the JPMO to develop and execute a communication plan and strategy for each Component undergoing a migration of its financial management systems
- Develop briefings, presentations, reports and other communication products for a wide variety of audiences including executives
- Identify key communication activities relating to program milestones
- Review internal and external reports (e.g., OMB Exhibit 300, monthly program reviews)
- Coordinate activities with and support Organizational Change Management (OCM) team initiatives
- Refine communications work-plan for pre-implementation and implementation activities
- Support execution of communications plan
- US Citizen able to pass a government level background check and obtain a Public Trust
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a business-related discipline or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years’ experience creating and editing effective communications for multiple audiences in a government contracting environment
- Proven experience explaining complex change management issues in easy to understand terms
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
Candidates that do not meet the required qualifications will not be considered.
- Experience with Federal Financial Systems
- Current or Recent experience supporting DHS
We’re on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare system.
Each of our 1,700+ colleagues across the United States plays a role in transforming the lives of millions of Americans. This mission drives us – and it adds meaning to what we do, each and every day. Our passion for serving public health programs, and for engaging consumers more directly with the healthcare system, runs deep.
Passion for what we do. Pride in how we do it. At Cognosante we are all VIPS.
We create value being enterprising. We develop innovative ideas and solutions. We perform at our best and deliver results. We share achieved results and recognitions.
Cognosante was founded to address a critical gap in the health IT market – the need for a smart, nimble company, unencumbered by legacy systems and unafraid to challenge accepted wisdom. Experience grounds us; innovation drives us. For almost 30 years, we’ve worked to find progressive solutions to complex problems.
We help state Medicaid agencies navigate healthcare reform. We provide community-based assistance to Americans as they enroll in healthcare coverage. And we dream of, design, and develop IT solutions meant to disrupt the status quo and connect the dots between patients, plans, providers, and payers. We are the best minds on health – and we’re looking to grow our team.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of millions? Join us.
Highlighted Benefits for Full-time Employees
•Medical • Dental • Vision • 401k • Flexible Spending Accounts • Paid Time Off • Work/Life Solutions • Pet Insurance
Cognosante is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Cognosante is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
To all recruitment agencies: Cognosante does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to our requisitions, any Cognosante email address, any Cognosante employee, or to any company location. Cognosante is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
COVID-19 isn’t stopping our hiring process nor our business as (semi) usual. We’re still reaching candidates, virtually and we’re still working, remotely! Are you a self-starter who likes to work from home and is interested in this position? Apply today!
Quick tips on virtual hiring success:
- Test your tech—make sure your internet connection and video conferencing program are both working prior to your interview.
- Dress appropriately—dress for success and ensure your surroundings are tidy.
- Be prepared—do your homework, rehearse your responses to key interview questions, and prepare your own questions.
- Be personable—make eye-contact, smile often, and demonstrate enthusiasm for the role.
- Remove distractions—engage with the interviewer by removing all distractions, including your smartphone.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-24