About the organization
Now is a great time to join Redhorse Corporation. Redhorse specializes in developing and implementing creative strategies and solutions with private, state, and federal customers in the areas of cultural and environmental resources services, climate and energy change, information technology, and intelligence services. We are hiring creative, motivated, and talented people with a passion for doing what’s right, what’s smart, and what works.
Redhorse Corporation is seeking a Communications Specialist for the Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) at the Department of Energy. EERE accelerates development and facilitates deployment of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies and market-based solutions that strengthen U.S. energy security, environmental quality, and economic vitality. The Communications Specialist will provide a wide variety of communications support to the Advanced Manufacturing Office (AMO).
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing direct support to AMOs communications team.
- Providing direct support to AMOs legislative affairs lead.
- Drafting, editing, and updating various documents, including announcements, speeches, articles, social media content, memos, briefings, talking points, etc.
- Responding to requests for messaging on a variety of topic areas.
- Responding to quick turnaround requests for information.
- Utilizing existing sources of information to create new reports and briefings.
- Managing AMO activity calendar.
- Assisting with data tracking and reporting, including tracking action items.
Requirements for Experience, Skills, Education and Credentials include:
- At least 6 years of experience and Bachelors degree. Masters degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Experience with SharePoint.
- Proficiency in document editing and developing written communications for a variety of audiences through online and offline mediums.
- Willingness to work on all parts of a communications team- from writing and editing to creating plans and tracking success.
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team comprised of technical and non-technical staff.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and able to multitask with little to no supervision or prompting.
- Ability to competently deal with frequently changing requirements.
- Ability to learn multiple style guides to produce, review, and revise client documents.
Candidates may be asked to provide a writing sample and take a writing test.
Redhorse Corporation shall, in its discretion, modify or adjust the position to meet Redhorses changing needs.
This job description is not a contract and may be adjusted as deemed appropriate in Redhorses sole discretion.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-24