Authority Brands, LLC. Headquartered in Columbia, MD is a leading provider of home services, building brands that support the success of our franchisees, as well as bettering the lives of the homeowners we serve and the people we employ. We are seeking a energetic Communication Specialist who will be the driving force behind internal brand communications and external messaging.
- BRAND VOICE: Work with brand executives, operations representatives, fellow marketing team members and franchisees to further develop and refine the voice and personality of Benjamin Franklin Plumbing, both consumer and development.
- CONTENT CALENDAR: Manage brand content calendar; be the driving force behind cross-channel integration (digital, print, blog, public relations efforts). Create and solicit content from appropriate team members, as needed.
- PR: Manage day to day relationship with PR agency, including pitch development, franchisee stories, network activation, etc.
- WEBSITE CONTENT MANAGEMENT: Work with digital marketing partner and brand PR agency to create and maintain newsroom content on brand website.
- COPYWRITING: Write and edit content for direct marketing pieces, websites and company management.
- NEWSLETTER: Manage the bi-weekly internal franchisee newsletter, including meeting with operations staff to discuss content, compiling and editing articles, and layout/distribution of piece on set publication calendar.
- FRANCHISE DEVELOPMENT: Occasionally assist in franchise development efforts, including franchisee profiles, drip email content and overall campaign development.
- FRANCHISEE SUPPORT: Support franchisee local marketing efforts, as needed.
- SOCIAL MEDIA/ ONLINE REPUTATION: Manages Social Media content and planning for the brand on the corporate level and oversees the franchisees pages as well, working to improve each locations online social presence. Works with franchisees to improve their online reputation through various review monitoring programs.
- COMMUNITY OUTREACH: Works to develop and support charitable community programs as directed by Authority Brands.
- OTHER: Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelors degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or English
- 3-4 years experience
- Experience with franchise/multiple locations a plus
- PR agency and/or corporate experience or broadcasting experience preferred
- Knowledge/understanding of working with media.
- Self-starter who is results-oriented
- Solid PC skills, including Microsoft Office systems and Adobe Creative Suite
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We believe our greatest asset are our employees, we offer competitive salaries and a full benefits package to include, PTO, paid holidays, 401(k) and more.
Authority Brands LLC conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions however we do not sponsor Visas at this time.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-24