At DCG Communications technology is more than just a buzzword, it’s a powerful way to help the government innovate in new ways to allow government employees better serve Veterans, caregivers, and their families. Being a Communications Specialist at DCG means embracing innovation and digital transformation to deliver the best communications products to help the government adapt to new ways of work. In this role, you’ll support change management needs which include internal communication campaign planning and implementation, making recommendations for process improvements, facilitating collaboration, and documenting processes. Additionally, Communications Specialist will develop internal communication materials for townhalls. This Communications Specialist will write a range of communications products including social media content, internal communications plans, newsletters, blogs, factsheets, and flyers. If you’re looking to combine your interest in writing about technology with your penchant for delivering clear and concise writing products, this is the role of you.
Location: This role can remain virtual during and following COVID-19 as along as the Communications Specialist is willing to work in Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience supporting strategic communications campaigns, to include federal clients, preferably at a public relations firm/agency
- Proven experience developing content on social platforms
- Knowledge of change management trends
- Experience developing communication products such as blog posts, outreach toolkits, one-pagers, blogs, newsletter articles, and other traditional communications products
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects and manage multiple deadlines
- Demonstrate strong writing skills for content generation with the ability to edit materials prepared by others to ensure deliverables are client-ready
- Experience in internal communications planning and implementation
- Exceptional attention to detail and task management
- Outstanding written communication abilities
- Experience with internal, executive-level communication is a plus
What’s in it for you?
DCG prides itself on having a unique and flexible culture. We value hard-working, self-motivated and dedicated employees and are committed to providing an opportunity for tremendous career growth and earning potential.
DCG Life Medium Blog: https://medium.com/dcg-life
DCG Life Instagram: @dcglife
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
- Health / Vision / Dental Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Group Life Insurance
- Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Retirement plan with 4% corporate match and 100% vesting from day one
- Flexible Spending Accounts (medical, dependent, parking, transit)
- 5 days per year towards professional development, training, and conference
DCG Communications (DCG) is a specialized communications consultancy focused on developing influential communications programs to help clients build their brands and enhance their reputations. A majority of our work is with the federal government and we currently support a number of long-term projects with the following agencies: Departments of Veterans Affairs, Defense, State, Homeland Security, Housing & Urban Development, Small Business Administration, U.S. Coast Guard, BBG, and more.
DCG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-13