DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data Analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management. The Communications Manager will work on the new USAID Analytics, Data, Visualization, and Information Services (ADVISE) project. ADVISE’s main purpose is to improve the usage of USAID data and information, so that the Agency continues to ensure its development outcomes are supported by evidence.
The Communications Specialist will support USAID with broadly marketing, promoting, and raising internal and public awareness of the products and services outlined in ADVISE. The Communication Specialist will support the development and implementation of communication plans, ensure a consistent branding across the products and services offered by ADVISE, and oversee general activities related to marketing and raising awareness. This will include developing marketing materials, maintaining social media accounts, monthly reporting, and outreach plans to increase the visibility of ADVISE. This position will be expected to maintain a strong understanding of USAID mission, vision and values to build awareness around ADVISE’s capabilities.
The candidate should have interest and experience in international development, socioeconomic data, and foreign policy issues.
- Support development and implementation of a marketing and communications strategy for ADVISE, and individual sub-campaigns.
- Support organizational change management efforts.
- Coordinate with subject-matter experts across USAID to promote ADVISE products and to elevate the brand.
- Manage the content for Twitter and maintain a consistent social media strategy to maintain ongoing visibility.
- Support the production of marketing materials including but not limited to brochures, one-pagers, presentations, flyers, banners, regular newsletters, factsheets, stories, and other graphics
- Develop strategies related to visual design and web development, brand development, promotion, and engagement.
- Engage with virtual communities and communities of practice to support, raise awareness around, and advocate for high quality data management, data sharing, and utilization of ADVISE products to improve international development outcomes.
- Represent ADVISE, as needed, at seminars, conferences, meetings, and professional events
- Support other projects as needed.
- Education: Minimum of a BA/BS in Communications, Public Relations, International Relations, or a similar field from an accredited college or university required; MA preferred, but not required.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years of experience in communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of and interest in international development and related fields; Experience and understanding of USG (particularly USAID) communications and marketing procedures strongly preferred. Experience or interest in organizational change management preferred.
- Skills: Experienced in social media management and engagement tools such as Hootsuite. Excellent writing and communications skills (written and verbal) and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of individuals; Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while still meeting deadlines.
The candidate must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for the required U.S. government security clearance for this project.
***TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST SUBMIT A WRITING SAMPLE***
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-28