|Daviess-Martin County REMC is currently searching for a Communications Specialist.|
1. Create and maintain a cooperative communication plan, using various social media, in-house publications, newsletters, website posts, radio, magazines, press releases, in-person meetings and other methods.
2. Develop crisis communication processes and procedures. Prepare press releases, draft the crisis message for the General Manager and other employees, make necessary public appearances, if requested, and lead in any other necessary communications surrounding the crisis.
3. Lead cooperative communications on grassroots advocacy, legislative issues, key accounts, products and services, member rebate programs and other incentives, energy efficiency, youth programs and other necessary communications.
4. Maintain the cooperative website and social media accounts and keep them current.
5. Create marketing and branding strategies for the cooperative.
6. Assist in planning the annual meeting. Prepare the annual report and other communications for the annual meeting.
7. Coordinate and lead activities during the 4-H fair, community and school electric safety programs, Youth Tour, Member Appreciation Day and other public events.
8. Participate in community and civic organizations. Promote goodwill between the cooperative and the community.
9. Work with Hoosier Energy (HE), Indiana Electric (IEC), NRECA and other electric cooperatives in areas such as: Key Accounts (HE), Member Service Section Meeting (IEC), Marketing and Member Service Meetings (HE), National Communications and Member Service Meetings (NRECA) and Member Satisfaction Surveys.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field of study.
2. At least five years of experience in communications, public relations or related career path.
3. Excellent written and verbal communication and decision-making skills, a positive public image, self-motivation, the ability to work well with others and to work with minimal supervision, along with the ability to maintain confidentiality are all required.
About Daviess-Martin County REMC
Daviess-Martin County REMC is an electric distribution cooperative with approximately 7,000 members, headquartered in Loogootee, IN. Our facility is close to I-69 in southwestern Indiana. Loogootee is 50 miles southwest of Bloomington, IN, 20 miles north of Jasper, IN, 35 miles east of Vincennes, IN and 28 miles west of Mitchell, IN. The beauty of nature abounds in the area, surrounded by forests and lakes. Boggs Park is within 5 miles of the town and has camping, hiking, boating and fishing. The Glendale fish and wildlife park has one of the top fishing lakes in the state and is also a great camping, hunting and hiking area. Patoka Lake is 38 miles southeast of Loogootee and Lake Monroe is 58 miles northeast. The Hoosier National Forest, Brown County State Park and many other beautiful natural areas are within minutes of our Headquarters facility. The area is also rich in agriculture. Being located in the country’s bread basket, we have acres of crop and livestock farms. Area schools are solid academically and are all rated very high for school safety. Our area communities are safe, have traditional values and are family friendly.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-01