The Communications Specialist 2 specializes in internal communications, supporting a variety of staff communications efforts including e-newsletters, the intranet site, Yammer, digital signage, campaigns and events. The Communications Specialist 2 supports groups and individuals across RTI to develop and disseminate news and information concerning corporate strategy, programs and initiatives, business plans, processes, policies, research accomplishments and capabilities. This person must think strategically and possess strong tactical skills to implement communications initiatives that are aligned with business priorities.
- Gathers, writes, edits and delivers timely news and information on a daily basis to the internal audience using various communication vehicles
- Manages content, including visuals, on company-wide intranet
- Manages communication timelines and provides support for communications campaigns
- Supports communications planning and rollout for various RTI-wide and organization-specific changes, initiatives and programs
- Maintains department editorial calendar and coordinates internal promotions across communications campaigns
- Supports RTI internal events, both virtual and in-person
- Participates on cross-functional project teams, representing Corporate Communications
- Supports the administration of RTI’s community impact programs
- Develops content for RTI’s digital signage for its headquarters and regional offices
- Coordinates with corporate photographer on visual assets for communications
- Supports other projects as assigned
- Strong writing and editing skills, as evidenced by past experience and demonstrated performance
- Strong verbal communication skills, including ability to present ideas coherently and persuasively
- Capable of completing writing assignments quickly and efficiently in a deadline-driven environment
- Ability to draft copy for a wide range of media including print, online, multimedia and face-to-face
- Sensitivity to deadlines and production targets while flexible enough to deal effectively with changes in the situation requiring quick adjustments in work plans
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- A thorough knowledge of AP style
- Energized by a fast-paced environment; able to deliver results on time
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with key work partners
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Web-savvy and experience working with content management systems
- Positive attitude and willingness to embrace change
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Basic familiarity with photo-editing programs
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to judge and address sensitive issues
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related area from an accredited university and 1+ years serving in a professional communications capacity
- Experience in internal communications
- Experience with content management systems
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found here.
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-02