@ ICF Next, we are fearless in finding new ways to solve problems, relentless in making sure it pays off for our clients and committed to making a positive change in the world. Join our community of mission-driven creatives, communicators, strategists, and technologists to challenge the status quo.
We’re currently hiring for a Communications Specialist that is passionate about planning, developing, and implementing successful communication strategies. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with at least 5 years of professional marketing communications experience looking forward to building a long-term career.
As a Communications Specialist, you will:
- Contribute to communications plans and strategies to meet client objectives and goals
- Manage and cultivate positive client relations through regular communication and collaboration
- Collaborate with our creative team, internal program team, and clients to develop marketing materials including newsletters, fact sheets, customer stories, and websites
- Plan and develop social and paid media assets
- Conduct research and support in developing strategic plans and presentations
- Support planning and executing events, meetings, and workshops
- Maintain project trackers and documents for the project team
- Track and report on campaign metrics and budgets
- Manage multiple deliverables at once, with varying deadlines using Microsoft Office and other collaboration tools including Teams, Basecamp, Trello, Sharepoint, SmartSheets, Jira, etc.
As Communications Specialist, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree, required (e.g., communications, marketing, public relations, or advertising)
- 5+ years of professional marketing communications experience
- Knowledge of traditional and social media environments; understanding of various communication channels and how they work (print, social, digital, paid media, events and outreach, direct response, etc.)
- An understanding and mastery of email management systems, email content strategy and analytics, and email automation tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Energetic, self-starter, and resourceful problem solver with a demonstrated can-do attitude and willingness to jump in where needed
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent writing skills; ability to provide writing sample
- Strong team orientation with a focus on collaboration
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Responsive and open to feedback
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Creative thinker with innovative approach to problem solving
- Knowledge of marketing analytics platforms such as Google Analytics
- Willingness to travel as needed
Job Location(s): This individual will be based either in Fairfax, VA, Atlanta, GA or our NY, NY office.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Fairfax, VA (VA01)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-11