This role provides communications support for the Intelligence & Security (I&S) sector of BAE Systems working closely with the vice president and internal, external, and marketing leads to develop and implement a communications strategy that builds positive awareness of the business’ capabilities with key internal and external audiences. The candidate must have a demonstrated understanding of strategic communications; a strong writing and editing ability; experience with recruitment marketing strategies and tactics; ability to maintain and leverage social media and digital communication channels; and experience in supporting events. Specific duties include:
- Drafting and reviewing of communications materials including employee messages, press releases, collateral materials and event invitations
- Development and execution of recruitment marketing campaigns including the use of traditional and digital advertising, social media, partnerships and events
- Assistance maintaining and developing new and engaging content for the sector’s internal and external social media and digital communications channels that link to the broader communications strategy
- Supporting internal and external events including site visits, town halls, employee engagement, trade shows, community investment events and employee engagement activities
- Liaising within the sector and the company around communications issues
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Demonstrated ability to write and produce content for multiple audiences/stakeholders
- Strong editing and proofreading skills and working knowledge of AP Style
- Understanding of recruitment marketing strategies and tactics
- Experience developing traditional and digital advertising including GoogleAdsand a solid understanding of the importance of branding
- Ability to develop engaging social and digital media content and maintain digital and social media channels
- Proficiency in supporting and/or successfully executing events
- Skill in meeting critical deadlines and working as part of team including demonstrating agility, flexibility and calm under pressure
- Ability to interface and work comfortably and effectively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent oral communication, project management and interpersonal skills as well as a high degree of attention to detail
- Previous communications experience in an agency or large organizational environment
- Proficiency in all MS Office programs and Hootsuite
This individual will play a crucial role on the communications team in the sector. We’re looking for a high-energy, enthusiastic communications professional who wants a chance to make important contributions to a large organization. This is a fun, creative and fast paced environment and we need a talented, driven individual to join our team.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-12