SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
As a key member of the team, the Communications Specialist will support the development and execution of public relations strategies, coordinate logistics for launches and other events, respond to external inquiries, and tackle other projects as needed. The successful candidate is passionate about our mission, a strategic thinker with a can-do attitude, and a natural verbal and written communicator who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Assist in the development of communication strategies that will generate public excitement about space exploration and support SpaceX’s position as industry leader
- Provide tactical public relations support, including logistical planning and execution
- Maintain successful relationships with a portfolio of internal and external key stakeholders
- Support SpaceX executives and other company leaders during speaking engagements and other events through preparation of presentations and other assets as needed
- Manage messaging databases and own coverage reporting within SpaceX
- Create written and digital content for external audiences
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of professional experience in communications, events, or content development
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in communications, events, or content development in a highly technical environment
- Established skills in strategic and critical thinking, decision-making, and relationship-building
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating the ability to communicate information to multiple audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, results-oriented team environment
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to thrive under deadline pressure
- Deep understanding of social media strategies and tactics
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- This position will work out of SpaceX’s Cape Canaveral, FL location with frequent travel to other SpaceX facilities
- Must be willing to work long hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-23